A Better Life Is Just One Step Away

ECKANKAR, Soul, God, DestinyBy Harold Klemp

A woman worked in a medical office where the doctor was unkind to her.  She was always being scolded for this or that.  She finally couldn’t stand it, so she quit; she felt that no matter how bad it was out there in the world, she’d be better off without a job than working for that doctor.

Right after she quit, the woman had an accident where she broke her jaw.  She lay at home recuperating, wondering what she should do as the bills began piling up.

One morning she got a call from another doctor in the same medical building where she had worked before. He asked her if she would work on a temporary basis in his office while one of his regular employees was on maternity leave.  She said yes and started work the next week.

The woman loved her new job.  In comparison, this office was like heaven.  One day she noticed that the voices on the other side of this wall of her new office sounded very much like the people who had worked in the unkind doctor’s office.  She realized the offices were back to back.

All this time she had been a few footsteps away from heaven.  But she had to go through a lot of trial and tribulation to land on the other side of the wall.

Sometimes it’s like this in your spiritual life.  When things are hard for you, you wonder, What’s happening?  Have you forgotten me, God?

But sometimes you need the experience of leaving the old place first, of having the will to say, “This is not the way I want to live my life.”  There are a lot of little things that go along with a decision like this.  When you go from one state of consciousness to another, there are always adjustments to be made.

Excerpted from Stories to Help You See God in Your Life, ECK Parables, Book 4.

14 Responses to A Better Life Is Just One Step Away

1. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Yes, change is inevitable. It is a constant. We need to be able to recognize and accept change for it is necessary for our spiritual unfoldment. As soul, we are all powerful and knowing to face change, but fear of the unknown wrapping us from the mind level hinders or blocks our spiritual view. The truth is that when we sincerely go within us and surrender to the Mahanta through our most beautiful prayer-The HU, we would be able to recognize the signs of change and not resist it to the level of being hurt. Change, no matter how it comes is always for soul´s betterment.
    Thank you Mahanta for the HU that helps to bring us back to the 360º-soul´s view point.

2. Grace says:

Thank you MAHANTA for giving me the courage and confidence to say yes to change

3. Melvin Lawlor says:

The change happens when we are ready.

It takes love and grace to be the channel for the ECK. More than being good or seemingly bad, is what will love do?

5. Forouzan says:

Here Mahanta says”having the will to say: This is not the way that I want to live my life.” This is wanting change. Surrender starts after that. The woman first decides to change her life and then she surrenders. Surrender is not a passive life.

6. Linda Amadi says:

In Eck I got to know that life is all about experience and everything in life is in the rightful place. The spiritual exercise of Eck every day in my life gives me strength to face what comes next. The word from the Mahanta ” I am always with you” is there always to remind me that I am not alone. Thank you Mahanta.

7. Esther says:

When we do the spiritual exercises of ECK, our life is organized in such a way that we can recognize the the things that will take us to the next level.
    The words of the Mahanta are truth.

8. shakuntala says:

It took a long time for me to understand ” why me ?” feelings but now that I am in Eckankar , with Mahanta’s guidance , I realize the significance of my experiences to a large extent, if not all .

9. Viva says:

ECKANKAR is a path not for the faint-hearted but for the loving-hearted.

10. Joseph says:

For me, in this moment the key word is, “Surrender”.

I surrender my whole life to be co-worker with God.

11. Tina says:

Tides of Change
    The swell of an oceans wave descends upon a rock clad shore,sharing its’
    melodic rhythm with all HU is sung in wave as the stones firmly hold there ground in a wall of solid formation.I’m drawn to the resistance of pull, but from a stones throw away I can feel the current within me rising to the tides of change
    Tina

12. Kathy Tuccaro says:

It took me many years of hardship and pain to realize that I was the one who needed to change my ways. I really was only a step away from Heaven as The Mahanta so graciously showed me. It is very difficult to step outside ourselves and truly see what The Mahanta is trying to lovingly show us. I am glad that today I am much better at understanding and loving myself! Thank You Nahanta for all that you have truly Blessed me with in this lifetime!

13. Florentine Gnikpo says:

This message opened my eyes about change, and I believe there will be a big change in my life from tonight.

14. John Ebadan says:

Yes change is a part of every day life, just like change of consciousness is sometimes required by the Eck from us, but the more we resist change the more we surfer.