You’ve Lived Before, and You Will Live Again

ECKANKAR, Soul, Truth,By Harold Klemp

The great benefit of the ECK teachings is that they offer spiritual freedom.

Each religion holds out some promise to its followers.  The word of Christianity to its people is the redemption of sins, a problem that stems from Adam and Eve, who disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden.  Yet for their error, all future generations should carry the blame.  A Christian, lost spiritually at birth, has the stigma of this original sin automatically fastened to him.  Original sin means inborn guilt.

By contrast, the ECK teachings speak not of guilt but of responsibility.  People are where they have put themselves.

How Karma and Reincarnation Lead to Spiritual Freedom

The theory of one lifetime per person is an example of an immature theology, for it does not account for the fact of reincarnation and karma.  These two parts of the ECK teachings put the responsibility of a person’s life directly where it belongs—upon the individual.

All people make their own world.

Where does spiritual freedom fit into the ECK teachings?  God had placed each Soul upon earth to gain the spiritual purity and experience It needs to become a Co-worker with God.  From the very beginning, many lifetimes ago, Soul made blunders.  It was like an infant first having to find out how to crawl, then walk, while learning its place in the family and society.

Growth and development are a natural part of the divine order.

The ECK teachings say that people create karma, a debt with Divine Spirit, by ignorance of divine law.  Time and experience will teach them better.  However, it usually takes lifetimes to work off primary, daily, and reserve karma, because people forget their divine nature.

This forgetfulness shows up in anger, vanity, greed, and other harmful traits.  The result is more karma.

For that reason, we speak of the wheel of karma and reincarnation.  More karma brings on more lifetimes.  However fast people run, they must go even faster to stay ahead of their deeds, which threaten to catch and swallow them.  Is there no end to this cycle?

Soul’s Wake-Up Call

There surely is.  After an individual has passed so many lives in one religion or another, been whipped this way and that by life, it eventually dawns on him there is no way to beat the game alone.  All running gets him is more running.

At this point, a change occurs, perhaps as spiritual doubt.  Or maybe it’s a vision…, a strong and unforgettable dream, or an out-of-body experience.  That experience is a wake-up call from the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master.

From that moment on, they become the seekers.

Yet they may spend the rest of this life in the church of their youth, too scared to leave it for a path like ECK, which gives them more satisfying answers.

They are still the seekers.  Perhaps in the next lifetime they will find the courage to say, “What am I doing here?  What is the meaning of life?”

Eckankar can show all people the most direct route home to God.  Yes, there is a quicker exit from the wheel of karma and reincarnation, but most people will settle for a longer, more difficult way home.

What about spiritual freedom?

It is Soul’s final release from the Law of Karma and reincarnation.  The ECK teachings say that to live a karmaless life, one must do everything in the name of God.

At first, the Dream Master is the teacher.  This teacher is the dream form of the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master.  God has given him the spiritual power to act as both the Inner and Outer Master for those who want a more direct way out of these lower worlds.  A guide and wayshower, he carries the key to the Light and Sound of God, two necessary parts of divine love.

The Path of Truth Starts in the Heart

Love is the force that returns Soul to God.  For the path of truth starts in the heart, and the journey home to God begins with meeting the Mahanta in either a dream or in person.  The Spiritual Exercises of ECK give strength and comfort, for these simple daily contemplations give one a stronger bond with the Divine Being.  We call the path of ECK the Easy Way.

So the main benefit of ECK is spiritual freedom.

The entire aim of life is to find that freedom.  Though the earth may shake and tremble, the person who loves God above all else will endure with peace of heart and mind.

Excerpted from Spiritual Wisdom on Karma and Reincarnation.

12 Responses to You’ve Lived Before, and You Will Live Again

1. bright Eleberi says:

Am very grateful that I found ECKANKAR in this life if not I would not be alive today considering the challenges I have gone through, especially the period of youth restiveness we have gone through in this part of our country.

2. rama s says:

The blog is very beautiful. I’m so happy I found Mahantha in this life time. I’m so great full for this life time experiences. Learning a lot of things what life can teach me.

3. Phil says:

I’m am so grateful for the Mahanta’s guidance in showing me several lifetimes over my years in ECK. In each case the lessons learned from these glimpses have offered me a better way to understand my life today.
    By understanding my relationship with my first wife in a previous lifetime, I could understand the nature of that strange relationship in this lifetime. But more importantly, because I understand it now, I no longer have a negative reaction. I’ve learned it’s often those negative (sometimes positive) reactions that create more karma. Today that relationship is healthy and respectful.
    Some of these lessons take years and some come in a flash of realization.
    Thank you Mahanta, and thank you all for your posts.

4. Dana Scott says:

Hello

I have recently found this website and had prior to that never heard of Eckankar, although I have been drawn
    to this path in life, appreciate I’m a soul in a human body. I would like to learn more I’m based in the UK and
    have for many years been searching for me, my path and have achieved many things, but my path sometimes feels isolated and lonely

5. Comfort NiyiBankole says:

I Love what we are doing in Eckankar today. Putting out the right information for those who are interested in knowing more about this path. I am a Member of Eckankar and these teachings has made my life more meaningful.

6. shakuntala says:

This blog is beautiful- the explanation here gives one understanding, hope and aspiration. Thank you so much Mahanta.

7. ZINSOU Ignace Sètondji says:

It’s a pleasure for me to find this blog . It’s a way for me to learn more in ECKANKAR.

Thanks.

8. LALUDE, Lawuyi says:

Please, can you let me know more of Primal Karma and Prime Life?

9. Johanna Carter says:

This blog is very powerful. I know I am Soul, a spiritual being having an experience this lifetime in this physical form, and my true nature–Soul is experiencing this reality I called life.

Last Wed. I learned that a friend died of cancer. Right away, one of our friends created a private Facebook Messenger group for five of us. Last night, I read the stories that my friends have been sharing about losing dear ones to cancer. I found it fascinating that most of them have had dreams with their loved ones after their passing. I have experienced the reality of dreams, and Soul this precious spark of Light and Sound of God is eternal. Dreams are a way to communicate with God. For me, death is a transition into another realm of existence or like we say in Eckankar a translation.
    One of my friends was feeling guilty about not reaching out or offering help to our departed friend, and then she shared this amazing dream. She said that they saw each other, and they hugged. Then she told her she was sorry for not being there for her, and our friend smile and said it was okay – all was well. WOW! I am so grateful for the inner guidance that I receive in my dreams by the Inner Master, my spiritual guide and teacher, the Mahanta.
    Many people are suffering in this world because they believe in one life, the teachings of Eckankar offer people the opportunity to try and experience for themselves not just for this life but for future ones.

10. Val Varela says:

What a wonderful excerpt of spiritual wisdom. We are each learning so much here in this lifetime.

11. Robert Kagiri says:

Agreed. We are here to get out of here, literally.

12. Sunday Imudia says:

Thanks for this wonderful and explicit wake-up spiritual lesson. I really love this part,the reason best know to me. As a law enforcer working with the Nigeria police I find it difficult in doing the work of Eck and having time for myself. But my utter most concern is that I find love in Eck teaching.