What the Master Offers

ECKANKAR, Harold KlempBy Harold Klemp

Q: You have spoken about being a holding tank for our karma, to the point where it makes you physically sick.  Also, your wife, Joan, wrote about the unique value of the Master to the chela.

In a culture imbued with the tradition of messianism, it’s hard to imagine what may lie beyond the concept of a savior who needs to sacrifice himself to save mankind.  What are some of the differences between the role of a savior and the way the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master helps people with their karma?

A: Faith and belief are based on feelings instead of reason.  So it’s pointless to argue with someone of another religion about the validity of Eckankar over his beliefs.

This being so, it greatly simplifies the matter for us.  We do not wish to convince anyone about anything.

It’d largely be a waste of precious time.

To begin with, a fundamental premise in ECK is that reincarnation is a fact.  A main tenet of this Christian society is the principle of one life, one time.  These two positions are miles apart.  They can never be in agreement.

So what does the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master offer an ECK chela (spiritual student)?

It’s first and foremost the chance for spiritual liberation.  And what’s more, it’s possible in this very same lifetime.  That is a significant benefit.  By the time a seeker comes across the ECK teachings, he has reached a state of consciousness that realizes the real need for self-responsibility.  It is within the order of Soul’s evolution.

For example, what loving parent would knowingly punish one child for the misdeeds of another?  Each child is responsible for his own deeds.

The main benefit the Master then offers is freedom from the wheel of karma and reincarnation.  That is salvation in Eckankar.

Excerpted from A Modern Prophet Answers Your Key Questions about Life, Book 2.

18 Responses to What the Master Offers

1. Lovedales Kumah says:

Thank you Mahanta. This is a common question in my part of the world. Your answer is straight to the point and will help us in our Vahana work.

2. ken says:

I am constantly amazed at the ways Master answers these questions. So clear, precise, humble and above all with such love. Thank you WAHZ.

3. De-Sodji Damien says:

Merci
    En ECKANKAR tout bouge et chaque chose est à sa place.

4. Henry Koster says:

True, unconditional love always, without fail, allows total personal freedom, day to day, and spiritually. I love that the Living ECK Master, who carries the Mahanta consciousness, has always demonstrated such incredible love that I have never felt cornered, or compelled to do anything. The inner guidance I have received, offering an insight here and there, has been truly helpful, saving many a possible wrong turn. My hurdle has been learning to recognise the gifts and to work with them.
    As I became better at it, I realised I was being liberated from the consequences of ignorance of the spiritual laws of life. I am so grateful.

5. Bernice McKinley says:

It never ceases to amaze me how the Eck provides the answers before I even ask the question. Here is a simple thing that happened today: I have not been sleeping well lately. Today I came across a recipe for insomnia, using organic bananas to make a simple tea.
    I never buy organic bananas, because they are usually twice as expensive as “regular” bananas.
    Yesterday I picked up 2 little bunches of organic bananas on sale HALF price. I know it may sound trite, yet this is just one of many “waking dreams” and or “the golden tongued wisdom “, signs of Divine Love working in my life. I have been in need of help to sleep. Thanks for the tea Mahanta.

6. Selvakumar says:

Thank you Mahanta for explaining in a simple so that we can understand. You are always with us Mahanta. May The Blessings Be. Thank you Wahz.

7. Okome Mve evelyne says:

Merci Mahanta d’etre ce phare meme dans l’obscurité continue de nous guider

8. Aninwe uchenna says:

Master, having you as a guide has broaden my horizon, thanks, master

9. Amoy Olton says:

Thank you Sr Harold for always bringing clarity and the understanding of different issues. You simplify everything and always with love.

10. omoregie matthew says:

Thank you mahanta for the detailed explanation on karma, and for making this so explicit to understand.

11. Garwin Redman says:

The Master is the truest servant of the Life Force. His or Her every effort is to bring the student center of the experience of Source, center to the expression of themselves at the very core of Soul. Thank you Master, no matter how far I have roamed you have never departed from me.

The Mahanta offers spiritual freedom in this lifetime. And it comes with total responsibility, which can be as simple as giving others their freedom so we can have ours. Or the realization from a near-death experience that all the material goods do not matter at that point. Sri Harold Klemp is the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master for the times and you know he is true for you when you can see him beyond this world or be in his presence or because you just know in your heart. Yet we do not worship him but love and respect the Way Shower. With realization from spiritual unfoldment do we know what the Master offers. Thanks for your love, Z.

13. victor vowa says:

Many thanks for this explicit information on karma, reincarnation and spiritual liberation. Will be very useful for our vahana.

14. John Ebadan says:

If any person really sincerely want to know what the Mahanta means by saying I quote !! Being a holding tank for our karma, to the point
    where its making the Mahanta physically sick, I will suggest you try helping some one else out of there problems and then you will understand problems are Karma which do not get resolved for free, it cost the helper time and energy both physical, mental and other strains, and the Mahanta is doing this for millions or billons of beings we might never know, so Mahanta I give you a hug and pat you on your shoulder and I thank you very much.

15. Daniel Alfred says:

Thanks for making this so explicit to understand

16. Rama suryam says:

Thank you Mahanta for the detailed explanation on Karma. Now I understand more.

17. Ademola Shote says:

The freedom which the ECKANKAR teachings offer is enormous and can not be explained to someone who is not ready, because the freedom carries responsibility which in most cases they are not ready to accept.

18. Clemene Etienam says:

Thanks so much Mahanta on the explanation on faith and belief, the state of consciousness and realization that comes to a seeker of self-responsibility as he comes across the teachings of ECK and the benefits of freedom its offers from karma and reincarnation- the salvation in Eckankar.