HU, the Most Beautiful Prayer

By Daisny, Mauritius

When I became a member of Eckankar, I learned about singing HU, the ancient name for God.

Sung as a love song to God, HU is a beautiful prayer that draws Soul closer to God. It uplifted me, and I decided to share it with my father, who was a devoted member of the Catholic Church.

My father enjoyed the HU and began to sing it every morning. Over time, his awareness of the invisible spiritual worlds expanded. Occasionally, he shared his experiences with me. I could see that the ECK, or Holy Spirit, was an important part of Dad’s life.

Three years later, my father had a stroke which left him paralyzed and unable to speak. I was very sad and went to visit him every day.

Although this was a difficult time, I surrendered the situation into the hands of the Mahanta and continued to sing HU as often as I could. It comforted me that my father sang HU every day. I knew that when the time came for him to leave his physical body, the Inner Master would be there to help both of us.

Before long, it became clear that Dad was close to death. Our family gathered around his bed, knowing he didn’t have long to live.

Suddenly, my father lifted up his left arm, as if reaching for an invisible hand. Then he died.

Everyone was amazed. Until that moment, my father had been unable to move. Lifting his arm should have been impossible. No one could explain what had happened.

But I knew what happened. The Mahanata, the Inner Master, had offered his hand to help my father leave his physical body. What a special gift!

Soon after, I asked the Mahanta to show me Dad was OK in his new life. That night I had a dream of a beautiful garden filled with yellow flowers. Standing in the middle of the garden was my father, a smile on his face. I had my answer.

Singing HU is a precious gift from God. It helped my father and me open ourselves to more of God’s love and made my dad’s transition from this life to the next easier for both of us.

I am so grateful to the Mahanta for all his help and love. HU truly is the most beautiful prayer.

7 Responses to HU, the Most Beautiful Prayer

1. Frances says:

A beautiful story indeed, Daisny. Thanks for sharing. HU is indeed a beautiful prayer.

2. Holly says:

Thank you for sharing your HU experience. The HU is such a amazing gift. I love the HU too. IT has been my best friend for many years, grin.

3. Ginger Drais says:

Thanks for sharing your lovely story Daisny, how blessed we are with the HU!!! Greetings from Mexico

4. Adekunle says:

In whatever situation we find ourselves, singing HU the holy name of God help us open our awareness, giving us an insight into what is going on. It helps us to see more clearly making us more a part of the process.
    What a beautiful story full of wisdom sadness and joy which are all unavoidable part of life

Thanks Daisny for sharing. Your personal experience about life beyond death is remarkable. HU truly is the most beautiful prayer and I like to sing It. Singing HU with a loving heart helps me face my known and unknown fears or concerns. Thanks Eckankar for blogging.

6. Karen says:

A lovely story with the help of singing the HU. Inspiring.

7. Sammy says:

Amazing HU! Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful experience. MAY THE BLESSINGS BE.