An Open Door

By Mandy, New Zealand

I had just had surgery. Lying in my hospital bed after the operation, I heard a woman in the next room crying. I was not alone in my pain. My heart opened in compassion for the woman’s discomfort, and I hoped the nurse would get to her quickly and bring her some relief.

I needed some relief too. Now that the surgery was over, I knew it would take a long time for me to heal. I faced many months of recuperation.

I stared silently up at the ceiling, knowing that it would be difficult. I wasn’t sure I wanted to stay in my physical body. But as an ECKist, I also knew that all was in its rightful place. Every experience has a purpose.

As I gazed above me, considering my circumstances, the ceiling began to change. It filled with beautiful colors. Reds, blues, greens—all swirled above me in a dance of gorgeous light.

A little confused by what was happening, my first thought was Hospitals don’t have colored, swirling lights on their ceilings!

Then I noticed the wall in front of me change. It was no longer just a wall. Now there was an open door and a man stood at the opening.

Waves of love poured from him, and I felt comforted and safe. It was the loveliest feeling. It seemed as if I knew him, but at first I didn’t recognize him. Then I realized it was Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master.

“Hello, Mandy,” he said. “You can come with me now, or you can stay. It’s your choice.”

Immediately I knew I wasn’t ready to die. There was so much more I needed to learn. So I chose to stay.

The next thing I knew, the most beautiful sunlight was shining down on me. It was morning, and I’d peacefully slept the whole night through. I felt wonderful!

Right after that, I started to heal.

With this experience, my faith in the ECK and the Mahanta grew stronger. Even now, I still find myself crying with joy, knowing that whatever life brings, whatever open doors I walk through, the Inner Master is always with me, ready to help me take the next step.

14 Responses to An Open Door

1. Freddie says:

I had a dream in April 2016, that I was having a heart attack. In the dream, I was in surgery, but I was hovering over my own body watching the doctors who were doing it. On June 4th
    this dream, or inner experience actually happened right here in Cleveland, Ohio. I had
    a heart attack just like in my dream. Just like in your story I needed to do something to help myself! So, I called out all the names of the ECK masters I could think of, and I kept singing HU. Soon four days later I was back home, and I was even driving my car (I was suppose to wait) but I felt so good. My family was grateful I elected to stay here in the physical. I was also glad I had the whole summer to recover, I am an assistant teacher, so I got to rest and recover for two months without worrying about work!

I am back at work these days (it is September, I returned to teaching school) but your story is so important to me since I went through sometimes so similar. Thank you for sharing it. With much love, Baraka Bashad!

2. Ifeoma says:

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience! Just what I needed, thank you Wah Z for you love!

3. jill bryar says:

Thank you for sharing your Blessings. I feel uplifted.

4. Rosemary Peterside says:

That is one of the benefits of being an ECKist. An ECKist has the opportunity of living so many lifetimes in one lifetime. Thank you for sharing this experience. THANK GOD I AM AN ECKIST.

5. Empress says:

Its an awesome feeling knowing that the Mahanta is truly always with us, whatever the situation. Thank you Mahanta…Love your story..Baraka Bashad. Huuuuuuuuuuuuu…..

6. Donna lee says:

It’s so wonderful being an ECKist. Thank you for your beautiful story.

7. Sammy says:

Such a beautiful experience Mandy! By sharing, you have, through the Mahanta, brought a lot of joy to my troubled heart tonight.

8. Hong says:

Beautiful story Mandy. Thank you for sharing.

9. Michael John Harbadin says:

Beautiful and inspiring! Thank you, Mandy <3

10. Greg S says:

Beautiful story! Just what I needed in the middle of a busy morning. Thank you!

11. Olivia says:

This made me feel good….Thank God I’m an ECKist…..Thanks for sharing beautiful soul. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

12. Jean-Paul Dossou says:

Dear Mandy, thank you for sharing this wonderful experience. Thank you very much.

13. Laurence Cruz says:

A wonderful and powerful experience that shows one of the deepest benefits of these teachings—an inner and outer teacher living among us today. It reminds me of a Soul Travel experience I had many years ago, although I did not see the master in that one.

14. CRAiG ROSSeR says:

OH GOSH … : ) Thank You! I can't share fast enough : ) …