Spiritual Exercise: A Way to Build Self-Confidence

ECKANKAR, Self-Confidence, Attitude, AuraBy Harold Klemp

If you should have your real strength of character marred by lack of self-confidence, use this technique to build yourself up again.

First find the spots in your aura or personal atmosphere that are self-conscious, shy, timid, or overly sensitive.  These tend to attract people who impose upon your weakness.  With a mental command, ask those people to move out of your way.  Mentally demand respectful attention.

Next build up the opposite qualities of mind and character to replace these self-conscious qualities.  Fill yourself with positive courage so that the positive force you generate can actually be felt when you pass through a room.

Adopt the mental attitude and personal atmosphere of a person with great confidence.  Always be direct and positive in your approach to all things.  Put all your spiritual force behind your smile, your replies, and your thoughts.

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, where more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

10 Responses to Spiritual Exercise: A Way to Build Self-Confidence

1. DANIEL OFFIONG says:

Every success is within you. What you create is what you have. Thank you Mahanta for the teaching of ECK.

2. Karen says:

Thank you Mahanta for this beautiful Spiritual Excercise.
    Baraka Bashad

3. Selvaraju says:

Thank-you Mahanta for the wonderful spiritual exercise. May the blessings be.

4. Tabowei says:

ThIs is another plus element to us and great confimation of the love of the Mahanta to his Chelas.
    Thank you Mahanta for your love.
    MTBB

5. Ukachu Ifeanyi says:

This is evidently the solution I have been looking for. May The Blessings Be.

6. Michael Chandler says:

It is easy to live in the smaller arena of where’s mine! “Oh, there’s the key”! I locked myself up with trying to please others!
    I am the constant gardener; must dead head the roses and pull weeds. Work and responsibility can be either one of selfishness or selflessness…..selfishness defines a victim….selflessness opens the unlimited field of God’s love, it allows one the opportunity to change and be a happy camper.
    Happy campers enjoy the adventure of living!

7. Carmen says:

I wondered for long what’s up with me that I received so many “no” – then I realized, it’s me who created these scenarios. It was a defense mechanism from the early days when I was young and felt rejected – a pattern was created. That pattern told me it was ok not taking full responsibility, not loving yourself, as the people around me lived in a non-loving world. And to be recognized in such an environment it is easy to become a people pleaser, doing what they think is right.
    And I realized that self-worth / self-love is taking responsibility for myself – all of it: Thinking. Feeling. Doing. That is confidence I was looking for.

8. Janice says:

I Love this ” put all your spiritual force behind your smile, your replies, and your thoughts.” We all have blind spots on Ocassion and this helps clarify and assist thanks and Love

9. Joe Homsey says:

Enormous truth to this. There sometimes runs a cycle in our emotional beingness. We can feel left out, disrespected, put upon, taken advantage of. A big part of us wants to blame others or outer circumstances for our misfortune or lack of success. What is often time happening is that Divine Spirit presents us with the obstacles increasing our frustration till we eventually recognize that our most profound anger and disappointment is being self directed. That’s right, we can inadvertently be our own worst enemies. By implementing the above suggested approach, we can begin to unravel its tentacles.

10. Laurence Cruz says:

Wonderful exercise. We come as Eagles, not as doves.