The Master’s Help with Health

By A chela, Washington

About two weeks ago, I had two TIA experiences–a harbinger of likelihood of having a stroke. Upon visiting my health care provider, I was truly shaken to find that my blood pressure was sky high. Before this, I had always had low blood pressure. Tests were taken and I was to await the results to see what the course of action would be. I was scared as it seemed I had no control over the situation.

In the interim, I was advised to have my blood pressure checked at the fire station several times a week. I had the nurse who lives next door check it the next day and it was even higher than before!

The day after that I drove to the fire station and a very nice young fireman checked it for me, and again it was even higher. He told me, as had my health care provider that stress is a major cause of high blood pressure. He asked me what I had been thinking as he was taking my blood pressure. I said, “I was wondering how high the numbers were going to be, of course.” He told me to think of something pleasant and he would take it again. I began to inwardly chant HU and focus on the Mahanta. He took my pressure again and said, “You’re on the right track. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it as it is dropping.”

Golden-tongued Wisdom, indeed. I knew in my head that my thoughts, repressed anger, etc., were not good for my health, but to have it so graphically demonstrated was something I apparently needed to literally have driven into my heart.

That night as I lay in bed, I began worrying and stressing about my health, knowing that as I was doing so I was probably raising my blood pressure. I turned it over to the Master and had the most amazing experience. I was telling the Master all about my worries and issues and was listening and he began to smile. The smile became a very big grin as I continued to fuss and pretty soon he was laughing. This took me aback, but I began to smile, too. I could feel the big smile on my physical body as I lay in bed. Pretty soon I was laughing, too.

But I continued to tell about my worries and soon I could see a whole group of ECK Masters there and they were all laughing. This was side-splitting, tears-down-the-cheeks, rolling-on-the-floor laughter. I hadn’t experienced this kind of laughter in years.

I realized then that by focusing on my stresses and worries, I was not enjoying or living life to the fullest and certainly couldn’t be a very effective channel of the ECK. The laughter brought me into the moment and into loving life. I am so very, very grateful for this loving experience. The Master showed me in a later contemplation that I have access to the Blue Light to help in healing.

By the way, the next morning my blood pressure had come down significantly from the day before.

21 Responses to The Master’s Help with Health

1. James I. Aguwa says:

Thanks for sharing your experience as part of giving. Singing HU harminizes all the bodies and instantly brings calm, resulting in lowering of blood pressure. Detachment implies removing attention from a situation. Once attention is removed from a particular thing, that thing is dead.

2. GISELE says:

Thanks for sharing your story . Laugther is really a good medecine.

3. Rafael Laloma says:

Thank You Mahanta. My spiritual condition has not been very good but upon reading this blog
    I found the strength to connect to the All powerful HU and the blessings continue.

4. onome says:

Thanks for the post I have learnt to detached my health challenges and focus on the master. Tnks for this post

5. Franca says:

Thank you for sharing your story. I had the nudge to read this blog tonight—only to find out that I was putting too much attention on my health instead of the master. From this moment, I surrender and detach it from me. May thei will be done and may the blessings be.

6. Sharzad says:

I love this Blog and all these amazing stories! Thanks for sharing <3

7. Chi Gutierrez says:

What is TIA?

8. Kokoette Bassey says:

Thanks for this post. I’ve learned and benefited from the different experiences ECK has brought to me through this blog. May the blessings be!

9. Johanna Carter says:

This is so interesting because yesterday at an ECK book discussion, I heard this term for the 1st time (TIA).
    As a student of the Mahanta, I am grateful to be part of the spiritual community of Eckankar. I have been asking some health questions, and the answer came reading this story.

10. Karen says:

Wow! I’ve always heard that “laughter is the best medicine,” and it has been proven countless times. It’s so good to read about the experiences of fellow ECKists and their advice. Thank you all for sharing.
    May the Blessings be!

11. Ozukwe Chukwuemeka says:

This is lovely. This goes for everyone not to dwell on the worries, just surrender all the SUGMAD. Nice piece. Love always

12. Beatrice says:

I really enjoyed reading this. It made me think about my 3 injuries, breaking my wrist, a small tibia fracture, then recently a trimalleleor ankle fracture with ankle dislocation. The last one was far more traumatic & after surgery & strong pain killers I knew I had to make a decision – to feel sorry for myself etc. or to take a positive attitude & be grateful for all the blessings it was bringing me. I chose the way of the ECK & healed faster than I thought was possible since I am diabetic & not so young physically lol. Thank you Mahanta!

13. Chibuike Nzeakolam Chibuike, Aba Nigeria says:

I was having what I can describe as an acute headache, when an inner urge directed me to go to Eckankar blog, on opening it I read about the shared experience on laughter, after which I knew I have been paying much Attention to my worries than on Mahanta. I did a HU song, and I became alright, thanks to Mahanta.

14. Priye Iyalla-amadi says:

The key to good health is happy thoughts. And the key to happy thoughts is the HU. Works every time I remember this!

15. Franklin Henries says:

This article is certainly necessary as well as a reminder for all to keep focused on love and the Mahanta, to make life more joyful.

16. Linda cooney says:

Sri Harold said to become an ECK Master we need to have absolute inner reliance on the Mahanta. Through health ups and downs, many opportunities to practice becoming an ECK Master are being provided and I am grateful. May be the Blessing Be.

17. Trudy Millman says:

Yes, thank you for sharing this experience. I needed to hear this today to remind me once again to take my attention off my worries and health concerns and place them firmly on the ECK and spiritualize myself. It’s so easy to let the daily problems take all of my attention and then, of course, I am putting even more energy into them and making them worse.

18. Jackie says:

Yesterday during the fellowship portion of an ECK meeting I said to folks: My friend wanted us to watch a certain show. We tried but it was too serious. We had to change the channel to something funny. If we are going to watch television we have to laugh! Your story confirms for me the blessings of laughter. Thank you for sharing it. I think the Shariyat calls laughter the sixth sense! ?

19. Beverly Foster says:

Sweet story! And good reminder that many of our problems evaporate when we approach them from a spiritual perspective!

20. Bill Sweet says:

Thank you for your post–it’s words of wisdom for all souls! Soul exists because of God’s love for IT.

I had a good laugh with this reading as I truly enjoyed your experience. Thanks for sharing. Very insightful.

Something stood out for me which is trying to be not angry to curb expressing anger. The attention is still on anger. Instead putting my attention on that which brings lightness, love and happiness of the moment has been truly uplifting and liberating. It took me a while to catch this principle and put my own attention on the Mahanta, my inner guide, for situations as these or even just for love. Thanks Z for the journey rich in unique experiences back home to God.