The Two Collies

DSC01534By Harold Klemp

One night a sales representative had a dream about two collies.  Her recollection of the dream was a bit garbled the next morning, but she dutifully wrote down as much of it as she could remember.  Then she went about her life as usual.

She was just sitting down to dinner the next day, when she heard a noise at the kitchen door.  There were two collies standing outside.

The woman recognized them immediately.  They were the collies in her dream.

If she hadn’t had that dream, she might have sent the dogs on their way, thinking that they were simply exploring the neighborhood and looking for a handout.

But because of the dream, she opened the door.  Both dogs greeted her like an old friend, and they seemed to be talking to her—trying to tell her something.  They nudged her and made moaning sounds.  But each refused all treats, food, and water.

The woman got a phone number off one collie’s dog tag and left a message for the owner to call her.

Then she grabbed a coat and boots and went outside to be with the collies.  They jumped and danced around her, showing complete love and trust.

So she took them for a walk.

Walking up and down the street, she hoped to run into the owner who might be looking for the lost pets.  She tried some commands on them.  “Heel!” she said.  They obediently fell into step with her.  “Stay!”  They stayed.  “Come!”  Of course, they came running up.

Well-trained dogs, she thought.

Later that day, the owner got her message and called to arrange pickup of his dogs.  The collies were delighted.  The larger collie began making noises like, “Woo Woo Woo!”

When the owner arrived, he explained that home was three or four miles away.  But he was confounded when she told him how they had obeyed her commands.  They’d never had training, he said.  The lost collies came to this woman’s door because they remembered her love from the dream world where they had already met.

Sometimes animals will seek us out because they need our help. They can sense if the person they approach is open to Divine Spirit, divine love. Animals are Soul. They may be following an inner nudge, or they may be acting on something they learned in the dream state.

Yes, animals dream too.

Excerpted from Animals Are Soul Too!

8 Responses to The Two Collies

1. Mina says:

The other day my Labrador friend came to visit me (I had not see him for several months) He stayed for a couple of hours then went home! I love this dog and am always uplifted by his visits.

2. Anne Laforest says:

This is such a wonderful story filled with love. Our cat and dog daily give us the opportunity to exchange love and learn important lessons. Thank you for this lesson and letting everyone know that animals are Soul. May the blessings Be.

Love is the key. Thanks Harji.

4. Bertram Telemaque says:

Three lost black and white bull terriers approached me lovingly on the street for help. I patted them without fear. A bystander exclaimed that maybe I was smelling like a dog, why the trust (I own two). However, I beleived that they sensed the love of Soul that every ECKist exude and were drawn by it. MTBB

5. Jan Elaine Krause says:

Thank you for this beautiful story. This made me think of my friend “Timber” who translated last year. May the Blessings Be!

6. Susan Bradley says:

This story reminds me of how our black cat, Phoebe came to our home. I remember seeing a young kitten looking at the front door as if she wanted to come inside. My son was in his room sick with a head injury from a school football practice. He had been so focused on his injury that I was becoming worried about his recovery. He asked if he could keep the kitten. I agreed that he could keep her if he would take care of her. As the days passed, he named her and took good care of her as he had agreed. He became stronger and recovered as he shared his love for his new kitten. I appreciated her and I am so happy so came into our lives. What a wonderful gift of healing.

7. Carol Billing says:

Beautiful story. Dreams are so important. Thank you so much.

8. Mary says:

Thank you for this lovely story… Much appreciated.