Thy Will Be Done

By Mina, California

I put together a little park newsletter and in the last issue I had related how in my three-times-a-day walk around the block with my little dog Buster, I encounter this neighbor. And she had said, “I am in remission, what a wonderful word that is.”

Again Buster and I were on our walk, this same neighbor rolled down her car window and asked me how I was. I in turn asked how she was. And she said, “The cancer is back.” This hit me so hard I felt I had been punched in the stomach. I truly did not understand my reaction. I quickly recovered, smiled, and gave a thumps up. She gave me a thumbs up in return and said, “I beat it before, I will beat it again.”

On another walk we encountered the woman and another neighbor. I was listening to the conversation as it unfolded and this nudge came to ask, “Have you ever had an out-of-body experience?” The woman said yes. She had been talking about all the things she had been through in her journey with cancer and the experience where she felt she had been hallucinating. I sang a verse from the ECK song, “Stones in My Path.” I looked up and both my neighbors had tears in their eyes. I asked if she would like a HU tape. Her eyes lit up and she said yes. I told her how every morning I did a spiritual exercise, demonstrated how I did it, and told her about the wonderful affects it had on my day.

This morning (yes, Buster and I were on our walk) she was driving out, rolled down her window, and said she was doing great, feeling calm and peaceful. She had the HU song going in the car, was on her way to chemo, perfectly relaxed, and said, “I am doing my spiritual exercises.”

I was overflowing with such gratitude it brought me to tears.

Thy will be done!

10 Responses to Thy Will Be Done

1. Caleb says:

Thanks for the story Nina.

If everything fails, try HU, the most sacred and ancient name for God in any circumstance.

2. Richard says:

What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. It lifted my spirits and reminded me to sing the HU during a distessfull period. It helped me to get up and got outside to a local park for a walk on this beautiful autumn day in the Carolinas. With ECK love

3. Tim Ginn says:

Thank you Mina, very inspiring. It shows how simple it is to practice this all important principle of thy will be done. It does make a difference!

Thank you Mina for sharing. @Holly, enjoyed reading your comment. Your experience has brought in a flood of great ideas. Merci.

5. Beverly Foster says:

Wow, Mina! You describe so many humble acts of love in so few words. Your story inspires me to take a fresh look at how to let more light and love shine through me into my world.

6. Anna says:

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing!

7. Holly says:

Thanks Mina for sharing.

HU is such an amazing gift for all life. I share it all the time too.

The most amazing experience I had in sharing this holy sound of life was in a grocery store check out line. I was wearing a dress shirt with a giant HU card printed on the back of it that had the URL http://www.hearhu.org on the bottom of the shirt. The giant HU card was a prototype for a Vahana (spiritual student) project. Anyways, as I stood in the check out line putting my monthly food supplies on the conveyor belt, I heard a child crying quite loudly behind me. I turned around and there a woman with a toddler in a stroller. I asked the woman if she would like to go ahead of me and she said no. I continued to pile the groceries on the belt, and the baby continued to serenade the store with it’s powerful lungs. I had a full basket so this went on for quite awhile. The toddler was of the age of teething so I thought that was the reason for its distress.
    After awhile I heard the most amazing sound behind me. I heard the HU! Then, I heard the toddler laughing; I turned around and saw the toddler waving its arms as if dancing with the Mahanta’s love song to God. I looked up at the mother and she was holding her cell phone to the infants ear with tears streaming down her face. She looked at me and said, “Why does it work?”
    I replied, “Your son is listening to the sound of Life Itself.”
    She stated, “Nohing has worked….when I read on the back of your shirt that singing HU can bring peace and calm I became very angry for anyone making such a bold statement. I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket and dialed in the URL http://www.hearhu.org just to tell you off. But now, my baby is laughing and not crying from colic.

I gave her a HU CD I had in the car as well as local Eckankar information. The HU is God’s gift to all life.
    Is it any wonder our species name is HUman. Part spirit part matter.

8. SuZanne says:

What a powerful story, Mina. I love how you served your neighbor in the highest way, by showing her her connection to Holy Spirit and and spiritual exercises. No matter the outcome she now knows she is soul and has found the ECK.

9. Roshi says:

Thank you Mina, for sharig Hu….. If eveyone sharing one per day in a short period of time there will be more people learn about.
    With love and gratitude

10. Abiodun Shote says:

Thank you Nina, such an amazing story of how to be there for others through sharing the gift of HU. Its certainly the best way to help others rather than get entangled on the emotions.
    Thank you.