Pure Love

Santa Monica 4_lrBy Harold Klemp

Q: What is the difference between the love one has for one’s mate and the love Soul has for God?

Is one sort of love better than the other?  And is it still possible to fall in love with someone after you reach God Consciousness?

A: The highest love is a pure love for God.

A pure love for one’s mate is the same as a pure love for God.  There is no difference.  But, frankly, pure love is a rarity—whether for God or for mate.

“Falling in love” usually means falling into karma.  Karma—good, bad, or neutral—sets the tone for a relationship.  For example, some couples love to fight.

The attraction between people of a high state of consciousness is a mutual desire to serve God and life.  Such a couple join forces to help each other reach even higher states of being.

A high, pure love is sweet indeed.

Excerpted from Youth Ask a Modern Prophet about Life, Love, and God.

16 Responses to Pure Love

1. Samuel Ekpeyong says:

I learned that loving someone is loving God and service is the substitute for love ❤ may the blessings be

2. Karen says:

Thank you Mahanta for the explanation on pure love.
    Also, thanks to all those who shared their feelings and experiences.

3. AJ Agara says:

Love is that principle I am struggling to understand; mentally, I do. But coming to understand the spirit of love, love from the heart, it’s a task. I often feel the whole purpose of this lifetime is to learn to be love, a pure vessel of love. From scattered stories told by Wah Z, I am beginning to have a sense of what pure love is….those little daily practices that make life easier for the next person. It doesn’t have to be earth shaking. I am grateful to Wah Z for this. Garcia!!

4. Bonny A says:

Divine love knows no boundaries. Knows no strengths or weaknesses. It is just Love. The feeling is always just is.

I so much wish to be in this everyday when the moment is just like in the presence of the God man.

Thank you Z.

5. Edito A. Chy says:

Love is a word beyond my comprehension. Mentally, I can understand the meaning of the opposite of the five perversions of the mind, but love seems to elude me. In Stranger by the River, it says that it can blind you or it can make you great. Another way of saying that it can scald those who are not worthy of it. Is love a form of feelings that can be developed as we unfold spiritually? If love is a feeling, then it is a part of the Astral World; is there love beyond the Soul Plane? I hope Z can give me an insight inwardly. Thank you Mahanta!

6. Sagadevan Kandiah says:

I always thought that Pure Love is God’s Love. It has to be be because we are all of the image of God, with the qualities of God. It is that simple, but difficult to comprehend.

7. Timothyray Laber says:

Sri Harold,

This is so intense. Your reference to “…some couples just love to fight.” Scared me to feel how closely this feels to my own heart. Struggling to accept my own state of consciousness and my own karmic awareness, too.

Last night an old addage came to mind:”His elevator does not go all the way to the top.” Immediately I asked you, Wah-Z, “Mahanta, please help me take my elevator all the way to the top.” I am feeling tested in my own accpetance of myself and of my attempts to embody as an instrument of Divine Love and the Holy ECK (our word for the Holy Spirit).

Grateful for your simplifiying these spiritual principles for us and for giving of yourself through these online blog opportunities.

I am loving you, Sri Harold.
    TR

8. Sarah Apau says:

Thank you Mahanta, the pure explanation of love. Am glad to be an Eckist at this time of my incarnation. Thank you

9. Adaeze Osuagwu says:

Thank u Z for this wonderful talk on Pure love.

10. Marcus says:

The kingdom of God Michael is now .. the present moment is all that there ever will be. And dear Sri Harold your answer is what I felt too .. to love our family is no different from love of God .. it’s exactly the same thing. Blessings be to everything and everyone <3.

11. shakuntala says:

Thank you Mahanta for your guidance.

12. Theo says:

Mahanta thank you for these good words of love… have just visit me? please teach me the most about ECK our church…

@Evelyne,
    Merci pour le partage. Pouvez-vous partager plus sur vos deux dernières phrases, j’aime apprendre davantage et je ne suis pas trop sûr du traducteur que j’ai utilisé?
    Thank you for sharing. Can you share more on your last two sentences, I like to learn further and I am not too sure of the translator I have used?

“Thank you Mahanta for this words of Wisdom. Indeed, I often wondered if it was possible to love a person as strong as we love God … so I felt I had to make a choice whenever it happened to me. I understood that to love is reciprocal, where not remains an act, and a pure feeling brings us closer every day and always to You. Thanks Wah Z.”

14. Geetha Murthy says:

What a beautiful message for me to start the day. We are all striving hard to have a pure love in our Heart, without which it is difficult to reach God. The above explanation of Mahanta answered my doubts. It teaches me to move forward and to reach my spiritual goal under the Satguru’s guidance. It is also an indication to serve my husband with more love and compassion. I am ever grateful to you Mahanta.

15. michael best says:

And I found out that the relationships also can be of differing choices in paths. I have had a relationship with my wife of over 35 years and counting. She loves to give of herself to others and loves to interact with people. I am an eckist and she is not, but she lives eck as do I and do all I can to the best of my ability. We as eckists get a glimpse of our inheritance within God’s (Sugmad’s) ‘Kingdom’, and are fortunate to have this glimpse. So for me is a no brainer to pass this along to others in service as this shows the way instead of verbal direction, which is another alternative to service.

16. Moses B. Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Harji.

You sure have very interesting ways of reminding us some of the things we may have forgotten.

What lit up for me in the conversation above is the statement—”The attraction between people of a high state of consciousness is a mutual desire to serve God and life. Such a couple join forces to help each other reach even higher states of being.”

Often you find people who wouldn’t respect the individuality of their friend, family member or spouse. The ECK Teachings are very clear on this. The Master will lead us on our own path to God. Assisting each other build a strong footing on the service to God and humanity is a higher form of love. When our desire to serve becomes stronger, Divine Spirit sets the tone. It would appear all the forces in all the universes of God are at our disposal.

Rights things will happen at the right time. The right persons will be made available to help out.

What is driving us is a strong love for God.

The lesson behind The Master’s talk on “pure love” is love and service.

Thank you Wah Z for your love.