HU Heals Your Heart

By Jackie, Kentucky

My dad passed three years ago and though I felt a certain sadness, I was comforted in the thought of him happy and healthy, learning the lessons of this life, and preparing for the next one.

When it came time to assist our very ill seventeen-year-old Bichon Frise, Picasso, to leave this world for the unleashed pastures of the heavenly worlds, I thought I’d be able to handle that transition just as easily. After all, I am an ECKist! We do have a different outlook on Soul’s translation after death of the physical body that happens to include our pets.

When the time came, my husband Bob called in a Lap of Love hospice vet and we were able to play the HU song softly in the background as we sang HU silently to ourselves. We shared with the hospice vet about Prajapati (an ECK Master that cares for animals), the HU, and our beliefs about our pets reincarnating and serving life too. We even found an extra copy of Animals Are Soul Too! to offer her as a gift, which she gladly accepted, saying it would be of help to her.

I held up pretty well during the actual procedure but to my shock, in the days afterwards, my grief was unimaginable. The loneliness. The hole in my heart that felt like it would never heal. Grief bursts, the hospice vet called them.

In my grief, I turned deeper inside. I did my spiritual exercises with a new resolve. I sang HU whenever I could remember. I started listening to the HU CD in my car. I practiced the presence of the Mahanta.

And yet, it was five days of near relentless grief during the day and grief bursts at night.

One day on the way to work, as I listened to the HU CD, I heard the narrator give this instruction: while you sing HU, “Gently reach out with your feelings. You can think of a loved one if you like.”

Although I’d heard, “Think of someone you love,” and I said it often to those new to ECK, I’d never heard the other part, “Gently reach out with your feelings.” And even though I didn’t know exactly how to do it, I tried it. I reached out with my feelings and thought of Picasso, and brought the two together.

In that instant there was a lifting. I was healed. I almost did a double take, looking over my shoulder, trying to figure out what had just happened. When I got to work, I continued thinking about how miraculous it was. I reached over and took a HU card off the top of a stack I save for clients. On the front of the HU card I read: “Singing HU can . . . Heal a broken heart” and “Offer solace during times of grief.” I realized that’s exactly what had just happened to me.

My grief had indeed healed, and life returned to its normal, hectic pace!

12 Responses to HU Heals Your Heart

1. Traci Obrien says:

Thank you. We just put our beloved 11 year old lab, Jake down just this morning. I’m so afraid to walk in my front door and not have him there. I needed this ♡

2. victor inyang says:

HU is a love song to God, when ever u sing HU, u will never remain the same, because is a prayer that link u with the light and sound of God.

3. Deb says:

What a beautiful story, Jackie. Thank you for sharing, and for reminding me of the neverending power of HU.

4. Patience Endoni says:

The HU is the sweetest all-purpose elixir. Thanks for that wonderful experience.

5. Grant McGaugh says:

Thanks for sharing. It is a Blessing during this time of year.

Grant

6. Danielle Weber-Adrian says:

Thank you, Jackie! This is a beautiful story and amazing gift to share with a grieving loved one!

7. Deborah says:

Jackie, You wrote that with such beauty. If you remember way back when I had to deal with my then spouse’s bipolar rages, HU was the only way I was able to survive the tempests. Love in ECK to you sweet friend ? Deborah

8. Jill Soudyn says:

Beautiful and very touching! You will always be connected to Picasso with love.

9. Nanci Rogers says:

Beautiful story that helps us realize how the HU is such an amazing gift for each of us and the importance of sharing this with others.

10. Moses B. Nduekhe says:

Many thanks to Harji for his unending love and care. Thanks also Jackie for sharing your story.
    HU indeed heals.
    Singing HU can bring about an incredible feeling. I am indeed blessed to meet The MAHANTA of the times again and be given another opportunity to learn and to grow. Thanks very much Wah Z.
    If anyone is in pains and the likes, try HU.
    HU heals. It can heal a broken heart. It can do a lot more.
    Thanks Wah Z for being there.

11. Holly says:

Thank you for sharing. The HU is an amazing gift

12. Caleb says:

Thanks always for the gift of HU in this lifetime. MTBB