A Dream Exercise

ECKANAKR, Dreams, SpiritDreams are an easy and natural way to pursue spiritual unfoldment.  Here is an exercise you can try before you go to sleep.  It can help you see your problems from a higher viewpoint to aid you in your life.

Make a request.  Before you go to sleep, write down a question about a problem that bothers you.  Ask the Dream Master or your own spiritual teacher for guidance on this question.  Lie down, and close your eyes.

Sing HU.  Softly sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) for about five minutes.  HU is an ancient name for God.  It has the unique ability to lift you into a higher state of awareness.  Singing HU connects you with Divine Spirit, or ECK, which can be seen as an inner light or heard as sound.

Write down your experiences.  When you wake up in the morning, write down any dreams, thoughts, or feelings, even if you don’t think they are significant.  As you go through your day, write down any new thoughts or experiences that relate to your problem.  Do this for three to five days.  Then look over your notes.  You may discover that images you first thought were unrelated now make sense and give you clues to the overall pattern of your life.

7 Responses to A Dream Exercise

1. CHARLES EZEKALU says:

It is amazing having these great experiences from the Dream Master. I have tried for many years getting a Guide like Mahanta and feel relieved and uplifted with the Master.
    May the blessings be.

2. obasiye says:

I ve been contemplating on how I will explain & understand my dreams bcs I vividly know that God can reveal our activities through dreams. now I can sing Hu and discover the truth by myself, the living eck master is mine guide.

3. Ackim siwov says:

I want to experience this as in outer body experience

4. hyira ba sika says:

watching forward to having a good experience in eck

Right now, I look forward to trying this out.

6. Franca says:

Dreams, i for one never use to remember my dreams or I probably wasn’t taking it seriously, not until I joined the part of ECK and since then the experience has been wonderful.

7. Moses B. Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Harji for this wonderful Spiritual exercise.
    Dreams, I must say have a way of steering us directly towards GOD.
    Everyone does dream. But if you are not paying attention to your dreams, then you are indeed missing a very important half of your life.
    You shall come to know about this soon. Quite frankly most people don’t recognized the significance of dreams. But the human history has painted an incredible picture.
    I have had in the past month and a half, a very stubborn problem that has refused to go away. A few nights ago, I had to make a passionate appeal to the Inner Master for help. In the dream state, someone (The Inner Master) told me that what I have been wishing for is just around the corner. Since after that dream, my attitude towards the issue has changed completely. I no longer worry. I am confident that things would work out just fine as the ECK wills even though the outer situation has remained almost unchanged.
    Hence, dreams are very important and highly instructive.