Coming to ECK

By Sharon, Minnesota

Thank you, Sri Harold, from the bottom of my heart for bringing me into Eckankar. I had known vaguely about Eckankar but was busy with my spiritual path little knowing I would end my search in Eckankar.

About seven years ago I was spending a lot of time on my couch asking for direction. I was not in good shape, with many ailments and much pain. One day, I turned the TV on to the community channel and heard the sound of HU. Then you came on and started to speak. I was bewildered. You were telling what I thought was a very simple story. But then I noticed your eyes looking deeply into mine and love started to pour into me right from the television. I was astonished. I started to laugh and cry and to shut my eyes tightly against all that love but kept opening them to receive more of that astonishing love which I had never experienced. Later, somebody told me I had received the Darshan which I had never heard of.

To make a long story short that expression of love from the Master got me off the couch. My request for direction had been answered. I went and bought a walker and started walking painfully to the library to look for ECK books. I found one about spiritual dreams and past lives.

And as I read it love poured into me from the pages of the book and I laughed and cried my way through it and shut the book a few times to rest from the intensity. I found a chiropractor who helped me with my pain. I found my way to the Temple of ECK and as I walked in the door, Shirley, the greeter reached out her hands to me and once again, I felt love pouring into me. I knew I had come home.

Needless to say, I quickly joined Eckankar and started to do Satsang. I am in my sixth year of Satsang and I am so grateful.

I still have physical problems but now I know. I am Soul, having a physical experience. I am awed by the wonder of life with a living teacher and an inner teacher. It has changed me forever. I never feel alone anymore.

There really are no words to express what I feel.

13 Responses to Coming to ECK

1. Samson Ehijinwa says:

Thanks to the Mahanta for your exprience with the Light and Sound of God. I also got to know about Eckankar through talks from the Telivision, when I became bored of going to the Church. I will drop my children in Church come home and watch the TV. Then, I saw the then RESA of Nigeria in 1984. I was so excited that the next day I had to go the Station to enquire about the man. I met him in an Intro Talk on Eckankar in Port Harcoyet. I asked a lot of questions. I was given the HU which I not take serious. However, at home I sang the HU. That was a Big Turning Point in my life. Since then life has been a golden exprience. Am now living my Heaven on Earth.

2. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Thank you Sharon for sharing with us this great experience of yours. When one seeks in good faith and with love, the door of love will be opened for him too.
    Your reaction towards the flow of the Mahanta´s love on you is what is so interesting to me. It is the reality one cannot actually express using physical words. Only the experiencer knows and feels the ecstacy of it. For sure this leaves you never the same again, and it is a great and unforgetable turning point in one´s life.
    Thank you Mahanta for your love and for always being there for us.

@ Mike, ECKists are members of Eckankar. If you would like to know more about ECKists or meet them at an Eckankar Center, here is a useful link: http://www.eckankar.org/ekcenters.html

@ Abduljalal, you never mentioned. The moments of love in life prepare Soul. Soul is that divine spark that we are.

4. Caleb says:

When the seeker is ready,the Master appears. Thanks Sharon

5. Enakpotobor Emmanuel says:

I truly appreciates all your love for sharing these wonderful experiences.The ECK MASTERS are wonderful.

6. Holly says:

Hi
    If you go to the main page of the Eckankar website it has a frequently asked questions section where you might find the answer to some of your questions. Depending on where you live you might also find an information class given by a local Eckankar group in your own neighborhood. These meetings are usually held at public libraries, local colleges, or other public venues. The events are free and are given as a community service.

7. mike says:

who are eckist?

8. Abduljalal says:

I think I’m interested in the world of eckankar. But…. their is something I’m not clear with.

9. Holly says:

I too came to know Eckankar through an ECK Master, his name is Banjani. A dear friend of mine, and spiritual teacher I had known for most of my childhood.
    A friend of mine had just died and I was very upset to loose such a dear one. I had a vivid Inner life and when my outer spiritual teacher died at age of 40 I was really sad. I sat at my desk at home trying to figure out how to go on with my spiritual studies after the passing of such a dear friend and spiritual teacher. Banjani came to me and asked me to go to the Eckankar Seminar that was being held the following month in a nearby city. I did not know about Eckankar or that Banjani was an ECK Master. I very reluctantly went to the Eckankar Seminar not wanting to be kicked out of another spiritual organization because I was so different from all the churches I had attended looking for God in the past. I sat in the very back of the auditorium so I could leave very quickly if needed. Everyone sang HU and I loved that soothing–nourishing sound. The HU was the most beautiful sound I had every heard. It was so sweet, so nourishing, so healing… Then Sri Harold came out on stage and spoke for awhile. As he spoke it was if time stood still. His voice, too, was soothing, nourishing, and quite calm, nothing like the speakers I was use too. Then, I looked up to see the speaker that was connected to the voice and his eyes met mine. He spoke volumes to me in his single gaze. I too learned later about the Darshan. What a gift it is for Soul to have a Inner and Outer Master who cares so deeply for our spiritual unfoldment process. Thank you for sharing your experience Sharon. Your story reminded me of such a pleasant memory. The first time I too saw Sri Harold Speak.

10. Moses B. Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Harji for the experience of Sharon.
    Thanks also Sharon for sharing your story of how you found ECK.
    There are no words to express the feeling really.
    If you meet a million ECKists, they will tell you a million reasons as to what brought them to the Path.
    Incredible stories.
    They will also tell you of different reasons why they stay put..
    No matter the story, they will all demonstrate the love of The MAHANTA.
    The Master truly cares and loves.
    Thank you Wah Z for being there.

The story of the Master and his chela is the greatest love story I have come to hear. The Master is always with Soul. The love eternal. Every time I recognize this, great things follow and flow through my being. It only calls for my detached action. Thank you Sharon for expressing the love you feel for the Master. It is uplifting.

12. NANCY S. HART says:

THE MAHANTA IS ALWAYS WITH YOU…had a better meaning to me on the 1st day of January 2017.
    For quiet a while I have battled with a pain in my right shoulder, some times excruciating and other times bearable. Amongst other jobs I do as a single parent of four wonderful ECKist since I lost my spouse, I do events planning. This requires that once in a while I lift heavy items, to the detriment of my shoulder pain.
    In the last week of 2016, I took 2 of my kids to the hospital and decided to mention the pain in the shoulder which I had gotten used to ignoring, and the doctor recommended a pain killer. I started taking the pain killer and on d 1st day of January, making breakfast in preparation for ECK worship, I practically stabbed my left palm, it was deep and painfull. I had a 40 minutes drive to ECK worship. Did it in pain, and by the next day, the pain was bearable. I realised that the Master knew of the experience and prepared my body by prompting that I seek help for the shoulder pain less than 5 days before it. The pain killer help a lot.
    Z is ALWAYS WITH US.
    I love u Wahz, thank you.

13. Liz says:

What a beautiful, heart opening story. Thank you to Sharon for sharing it!