HU—A Love Song to God

A Love Song to GodYou have the potential for greater happiness, love, and understanding.  Singing HU can bring these to you—through the Light and Sound of God.

Throughout the ages, followers of many spiritual traditions have used prayer, the singing of holy words, and meditation to bring themselves closer to God.  In the same way, those who have discovered HU, an ancient name for God, sing it for their spiritual upliftment.

Regardless of your beliefs or religion, you can sing HU to become happier and more secure in God’s love.

HU is woven into the language of life.  It is the Sound of all sounds.  It is the wind in the leaves, falling rain, thunder of jets, singing of birds, the awful rumble of a tornado…. Its sound is heard in laughter, weeping, the din of city traffic, ocean waves, and the quiet rippling of a mountain stream.  And yet, the word HU is not God.  It is a word people anywhere can use to address the Originator of Life.

—Harold Klemp

A Divine Connection

Eckankar teaches that a spiritual essence, the Light and Sound, connects everyone with the Heart of God.  This Light and Sound is the ECK, or the Holy Spirit.  Direct experience with these twin aspects of God opens the deep spiritual potential within each of us.  The Light and Sound purify, uplift, and direct us on our journey home to God.

Singing HU draws us closer in our state of consciousness to the Divine Being.  This is its purpose.  It is for those who desire spiritual love, freedom, wisdom, and truth.

Upliftment throughout Your Day

In The Golden Heart, Mahanta Transcripts, Book 4, Harold Klemp explains how HU can help you see your life from this higher viewpoint:

As you chant the name of God, with love, for twenty minutes a day, the bindings and bands that constrain Soul will begin to unwind. Not all at once but very slowly, at a rate you can understand and accept. As these bindings are released, Soul rises in spiritual freedom.

As Soul, you are like a balloon that rises above the ground. The higher you go, the farther you can see. And the farther you can see, the better you can plan your life.

Experience the Sound of HU.

14 Responses to HU—A Love Song to God

1. Daniel W. Udomisor says:

O! WAH Z
    There is no one with whom I can share my tears and fears, if you were not here. Thanks for being by my side, and always giving me HU to cheer.

2. Johanna Carter says:

The HU is my favorite spiritual exercises in ECK. I sing HU when I am sad, hurt, scare, happy and seeing the beauty around me. There is such a beautiful vibration and sense of calmness that comes as soon as I start to sing HU.
    I am grateful to have the HU, the ECK, and the Mahanta in my life.

3. Randhir says:

HU is a great help, every time I do not know what to do, singing HU opens up the channels and a clarification opens up the mind to proceed with the task at hand. Great companion.

4. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

I like that Peter…..NO SHAKING!!! When The Mahanta is always with us, we need not fear. Just imagine Him telling you…«Courage! everything is ok,…you can do it».

5. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

@ Moses, a great and interesting experience that could be considered miraculous as well. Thanks for sharing.

When we whole heartedly declare ourself as a clear channel for the Sugmad (God), the ECK (holy spirit) and The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master, we automatically become an open channel for God to use or pass through us to reach all other creation, living or non-living. This can be in any way.

So while singing the HU we are further opening the channel for the Life Current- the Light and Sound-The Holy Spirit-THAT GOD ESSENCE that gives life to all things-living and non-living. In simple understanding, we are a battery charger through which current passes to get to an appliance. Singing HU for a much longer time as you did super charged the channel with the life current which could now charge or give life to your phone battery.

This is the truth about The HU that only individuals can prove for themselves through their personal experiences. That is why I call It the most wonderful prayer and heavenly gift to mankind. It is the manna from heaven to earth now.

Thank you Mahanta for this priceless gift of HU.

6. ICHI FRANCIS says:

HU is the unchangeable changer I love HU.

7. Jeff Terrell says:

Reality is sooo much better than what I could have imagined only a few years back. Singing HU with love opened the door to this higher reality. With daily practice, I’m holding that door open for me and for others ready to share in it’s bounty of divine love.

The HU is Soul’s all-purpose elixir. I sing it for love and upliftment, so I can understand life better and how to live it fully in joy and service.

Sri Harold once said, fear knocked and love answered the door, but their was no one there. I know this to be true.

The only person that can face your fear is you. And one way you face it is by walking head-on through it (and sometimes side-ways). And the moment you realize it was all a smoke-screen to ensure only the bold and courageous eventually see their true Self and ultimately see God, you awake as Soul a little further.

Once while much younger, I was called to give a talk. Due to fear, I feigned not well. But was not happy I did not go out to serve. Then I spent months saying I will do better without doing anything about it like reading what others do, asking others how they do it, experimenting little by little in small groups and facing the bear. Nothing changed.
    But when I changed my attitude (and started doing) and coupled with the most essential elixir, singing HU, I transformed.

It takes courage to face your fear head-on and one such is boldly identifying it. Well done. The Mahanta is ALWAYS with us, so “no shaking.”

9. Moses B. Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Harji for this right-on-time reminder about the HU Song.
    What a wonderful prayer song The HU is. Singing HU can draw one closer to GOD. If you experience a hard day, you may have to sing HU. Singing HU will put you back right on track.
    If you have an urge to sing HU at any time, why not.

Anyone who has been on the Path of ECK for some time singing HU would notice that the HU does work. Singing HU as i have come to realize has the ability to expand ones awareness, help someone experience divine love, heal a broken heart and of course it could also bring solace during times of grief and more. Why not try it today. You will be glad you did.

Driving back into town from a neighboring city that would take four hours on a good day barring heavy traffic, i had the nudge to sing HU from the the outset. It was a smooth drive really on a sunny day singing HU all the way. But intermittently, calls were coming in through my cell phone. And i was taking them. I continued singing HU right after each call. By the time i drove into the town i stay, i noticed that the battery life indicator in my cell phone was already in red since i had no charger in the car with me. However i was deeply struck by another observation each time i picked up the the phone to make a call. What could that be? The battery life indicator would show that the battery of the cell phone was charging each moment the cell phone was in my palm. It stopped each time i dropped the phone. This was unbelievable. I never saw anything like that.

Could singing HU for a very long time raise someone vibration to that level? I wondered. Anyways, whatever it was, The Master knows better.

Thank you Wah Z for a great opportunity to sing HU each day.

10. Emmanuel John says:

Thank you Mahanta, The living ECK Master for your wonderful and magnificent teachings that draws ready soul home to God. MTBB

11. Kirk Williams says:

I am grateful!

12. Alexander Ojie says:

I have the same problem with the last person. Immediately I am called to come out to talk in public, fear will gripe me. Even on something that I know very well, I will no longer speak well. Please help me out of this. Thank you. May the blessings be!

13. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Thank you Wah Z for this wonderful spiritual exercise (prayer), The HU Song. It has helped me gain a lot of awareness about myself, my past life and the life I live today. All of these lighting the hope for a better spiritual future for me.

@ Odache Franca, I suggest you continue singing the HU, while asking the Mahanta in your contemplation to help you outgrow this public fear. Fear in general may originate from some past life incidences and need that you go back to their memories. Through your dreams, the Mahanta may show you and you would get a healing from this. You could also do a 15 times affirmatory exercise, by writing out in an exercise book every day what you want, eg I am courageous, I am divine love…etc.

You may also get this small booklet “Spiritual Wisdom on How To Conquer Fear,” by Harold Klemp. In this booklet he has explained a lot about fear and how we can get rid of it.

Thanks.

14. odache franca says:

Pls how do I get over the fear of speaking in public because as soon as am called upon to shear an experience I feel this strong sense of fear my heart begins to beat very fast, pls how can I get over this?