Unlocking the Power of Creativity

bontreger_p1060750_xSometimes Sri Harold Klemp will use a fable to illustrate spiritual principles that can help people live more fulfilling lives. In the story below, he shares an important key to surviving in this world. What gift does it offer you?

The Wise King

By Harold Klemp

In an old kingdom in some faraway place in a forgotten time, the people had a system of government whereby they elected a new king every four years. The king, once elected, had absolute power. He could do anything he wanted, and his subjects were at his beck and call. There was only one problem.

When a king’s term of service was over, so that he wouldn’t be a threat to the new king, he was taken to the edge of an evil forest and left there by his former subjects. The forest was filled with wild beasts, and since the king knew nothing about surviving in such a place, he soon perished.

One day the king of the land, aware of his ultimate fate, had an idea. He asked his royal architects to draw up plans for a zoo, and then he set the people to working to cultivate the feared forest into a beautiful park. The park was finished just about the time the king’s four years of sovereignty were over and a new king was elected. And as was custom, the old king was taken to the edge of the forest and left there. However, instead of being left to survive in the wilderness, the ex-king was able to live in the beautiful park.

The king had thought ahead. He had seen to the comforts he would need for survival. Consequently, he was happy in retirement and had no desire to return to the kingdom and threaten the reigning monarch.

Excerpted from The Book of ECK Parables, Volume 2.

Contemplation Seeds

What does this story say to you about using the creativity of Soul when faced with what appears to be inevitable fate or destiny? How can you, as Soul, create a better future for yourself?

35 Responses to Unlocking the Power of Creativity

1. Kwaku Wood says:

Having foresight allows one to visualize the future they hope for in his/her own way. For this to become truth one must use his/her creative imagination because that the only way for the future one visualizes can manifest in this physical world.
    Thanks for the insight.
    K Wood.

2. Love says:

Thank Z, this story remember me what you said ; I’ m Soul, I can imagine so I can be more, thank you very much.

3. Edito A. Chy says:

Preparation is everything!

4. David Gardner says:

Thank you for this wonderful story. I am always grateful for the insights the Mahanta passes along and the ideas that come to mind when I have a challenge I am working on currently or see one coming. I think the biggest insight for me when this happens is to truly trust the inner master instead of paying attention to the ever-questioning/doubting mind. If we can just trust that inner nudge that is always there when we need it, “test” the nudge by waiting for some form of confirmation, and then moving forward with what we are given, life can be a very simple and rich experience.

Thank you very much, Harji!

5. Helga Hoffmann says:

This story is the reality of life. Everyone has to step down one day and if this person has taken care only of its material means, and not spiritual the wild beasts at the end of its reign will be devoured by wild beasts. This is cause and effect. A wonderful story that lets me know there is only one justice and that is the SUGMAD.
    With love and thanks to you Wah Z.
    Helga

6. Stella Uma says:

Thank you so much MAHANTA for reminding us that we can better our future by planing today.

7. Peter says:

Creativity is a Key to Spiritual Survival. Love is Action.

8. Tess says:

Hello Bi Veronica Ngwa,
    thankyou so very much for your reply.
    It makes a lot of sense.
    I was asleep recently and dreamt of a book open in front of me, the pages were filled with words but what stood out clearly to me were the 2 words ‘Sing Hu’ !
    So it is clear I need to be practicing this more, indeed.
    Thankyou for taking the time to respond, gratefully, Tess 😊

9. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Hello Tess,
    the Initiate Secred Word is given you from the second (2nd) level of initiation. If you are still starting the studies, keep on with the HU Song and the other exercises found in the ECK books. Love them and be patient as you carry on with the teachings, you will have your secret word when the time comes.
    Thanks.

10. Damon Davies says:

Thank you Mahanta. Wonderful. I really appreciate this chance to connect. The future is a conundrum for me right now, but now, I have this to draw on and be inspired…

11. HUUUU ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ says:

HUUUU HUUUU HUUUU ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ The beautiful melody of ECK flows through all The Master’s Words and all the channels contributing to this Blog. I’m so grateful reading from all these Blessings and great adventures of this Golden Age. Who would ever have imagined having The Godman so handy in our times, Amazing, Awesome Times!!!. Thank you All. MTBB

12. Nnenna says:

Mahanta is a story teller,,big ,small ,even little,,,all teaching lessons,,every single word from the master has much to teach, and thats what mahanta means,,a lite without creativity is devoid of meaning any slightest push u will find yourself rolling, thanks mahanta for your wise counceling.

13. ellen says:

For me it means that, on a mundane level, one should find the activities and interests that will continue to be fulfilling after your official duties and work are over. On a soul level, if we don’t do our spiritual practices we won’t have a spiritual source of contentment to draw upon.

14. patrick ovie says:

Wonderful blog.

15. Zirrus says:

The will for self preservation breeds creativity!!!

16. Pepper says:

If you are not planning ahead your future may not be to your liking.

17. Joe Homsey says:

Magnificent metaphor for today’s world. From the “elected 4 year King” to the fear the old king might have about the new king taking power. And the metaphor appears to go much deeper. In our individual lives we must go through and transcend various cycles. Birth, youth, adulthood, old age. If we prepare ourselves, cycle changes, be they four years or longer, can be transitioned with grace and wisdom.

18. Tess says:

In the most recent Spiritual Exercise that I read, it mentioned chanting your secret word given to you in your Eck Initiation.
    I’m not exactly sure what this is, or how it occurs?
    Could someone please enlighten me on this?
    I really love reading all of the posts, comments, Quote of the Day and Spiritual Exercises.
    Thank you so much Sri Harold and fellow travelers.
    May the blessings be ♥

• Dave says:

Hi. When you are an initiate, a secret word is given to you at the initiation. If you don’t know yours, you can ask it to Wah-Z in contemplation.
      May the blessings be ❤

19. Matt Tyler says:

I just wanted to say thank you for your love and kindness and all the tools in the spiritual toolbox that you have given me. I grew up in Eckankar as a child in my teenage years. I kind of lost touch but my beautiful mother kept instilling in me the teachings of Eck hoping one day I would grasp them. My mother has since translated and we had our problems but we loved each other but I am so grateful for her patience and guidance and love for the Eck. I’m not rich with money or gold but I’m the richest man in the world with the Mahantas guidance.

20. Stella Udu says:

Thank you Sri Harold, The title of your story grabbed my attention – creativity. Really, how do we unlock the power of creativity when faced with different challenges? I think your story is a great example, the king survived because he used his creativity. So, I think the lesson for me is that no matter what I’m facing, I can use my creativity to create and have a better, more beautiful experience.

21. Moj says:

Thank you Mahanta , this advice Reached me at very right Time .

22. Kokoette Bassey says:

This wonderful parable from Z has come at a right time. As soul, am aware of the power of creativity, and am very satisfied with it. A few days ago I was discussing with a colleague of mine in the office of the possibility of looking ahead of retirement and it occurred that we need to put our creative powers to work. Really, I thought that I will engage my remaining life in live stock business and I’ve seen a great potential that will lead to success. That’s how the inner Master works, he guides and directs everything for our well being and offer us a better chance to use our creative imagination for positive growth. May the blessings be!!

23. Holly says:

I really liked the above story. It reminded me of the spiritual laws of cause and effect. If you plan your actions accordingly you can live a beautiful life, although it may take some effort, grin.

24. Eleanor Leon, Canada says:

Wow! An Eckankar blog! This is absolutely marvelous. Firstly, a big “thank you” to you Agents of Love, who help the Mahanta reach out to us seekers.
    This parable emphasizes the importance of creativity in assisting us in the struggles of life. A condition that may seem immovable, impossible or inevitable can become something entirely different, something even beneficial and better than what we thought. The key is to trust in our inner guidance, to be open to all possibilities and then to be courageous and take action, knowing that the most loving and wonderful and amazing Master is with you every step of the way. There is never a problem to overcome, just a creative challenge to make us better and brighter beings!
    Love is life and life is love! It’s a magical ride,and our Conductor is something very spectacular!
    All my love in Eck

25. Olaito Abass says:

With constant singing or chanting of HU we will be able to receive love, wisdom, Knowledge and understanding from light and sound of ECK. The MAHANTA, the living ECK MASTER, always there to help us. Only that if we are ready divine teachings. May the blessings be.

26. Lucy Lawson says:

Creativity is one of those special gifts Soul uses when it is wholly in tune with the Eck.l open myself to Divine Spirit to help me emulate this wise king’s cleverness and Awareness to get me out of the mess I’m in now.
    Thanks Mahanta.

27. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Thanks again Sri Harold for this simple and continous ways of reminding us to get back to the source-our inner self for solutions to our daily puzzles.
    Acceptance is the first state of consciousness to put myself when faced with what “appears to be inevitable fate or destiny.” Why? Because there is a spiritual reason behind all happenings in our lives. It could be due to karma or just a way to help us learn some lessons necessary for our spiritual unfoldment.
    Next I´ll look closely with the help of the various spiritual tools (spiritual exercises-prayers, comtemplation etc) for the lessons behind this.
    Still with the spiritual tools and much love it is possible to have a raised level of awareness- “soul´s view point,” that leads us to contact with Divine Spirit which in turn opens up our creative imagination.
    I can then, and with the Mahanta´s (spiritual guide) guidance work as oriented to correct the situation or learn other ways to live with it if inevitable.

28. Beilin R Muzuro says:

Am so grateful that am a transformed man now compare to my past life in the Christianism. I used to be uncertain of my future but now with ECKANKAR am responsable of my life.
    Thank You Wah Z for you intervation and assurance of always beeing with me.
    May the Blessings Be

29. michael best says:

From this story, and by the by as a child, I really loved listening to the ‘Parables’ in the bible. In this parable, one can learn that as a ‘soul’/person that we can learn to look ahead and see the ‘big picture’. Then we can plan to meet it with our choices and planning, now that we can see what is coming. What we do today, can reflect what the future will be for us.

Appreciate the tests of today as training for tommorow.

Work with the Mahanta to make better the conditions we serve in, especially for others.

Love life.

31. John abakaliki nigeria says:

Thank mahanta reminding us what is coming ahead of us

32. Arlene Forbes of texas says:

I’m in retirement at an early age and I’m loving it now. It took me over a year to get it together but had it not have happen the way it did I would have never found ECK or as I now say it found me so I am most grateful for all that Z has layed down for me here and now I’m an Eckist and very happy to say that. Over and over. I know I may be alone in my walk but I’m not lonely for I’m with Z every step of the way back home Thank Huuuuuuu my heart ❤️ is full.

33. Anne Wynne says:

I am nearing retirement possibly sooner than I had anticipated and in many ways the future does appear to be a dangerous place. But I have a little time. I have been asking Divine Spirit and the Mahanta, my Inner Guide, to help me to see creative ways to make the best of what I have. I will not allow fear to enter my consciousness. I know that God has a plan for me and I just need to listen to that inner voice. There are many choices and it’s about love. Even a Senior Housing apartment can be a palace, if filled with love and the joy of serving all of God’s creation. This beautiful parable is just what I needed to guide me and remind me that every problem has a solution.
    Thank you so much!

34. Antoinette says:

Inevitable fate or destiny can be changed
    Creativity is the ultimate gift, the Master has told me this
    Anything and everything is possible, if I just try, till it works.
    This indeed is so, I can create a Spiritual Exercise, for every occasion,
    The exercise can erase anything or create anything, the tools are in my hands
    My gift of Imagination, enables me to Create Spiritual Exercise, which creates waves of love and gratitude.
    With the Master’s guidance, my Imagination, Creativity, Gratitude, Endurance and Love for this Golden Keys, opens all the doors.
    To ensure a better future for myself
    The Mahanta has given me every possible tool, and opportunity, to survive, thrive and prosper in this world, the gifts are mine