This Blessed Path

Following the Path of Love and Wonder_David Everett

There are no footprints before me

as I venture through the woods.

This path was created especially for me

by Souls of rare countenance—

remarkable ECK Masters

who wish more for my spiritual freedom

than I remember to wish for myself.

I look up through a clearing

and hear a hawk’s cry.

Fellow travelers of the Light and Sound

followed their destiny home before me.

And now, along with me,

a sparkling array of Lights

like shimmering lanterns,

sail to sunrise on a vast, open sea.

Echoes and bright pearls

of the living Shariyat

beckon on.

A clear breath of life,

a billowing white wave of love

sent from high on the mountain of God,

enters and stills me as I climb,

reverberating in my heart

like a buzzing bee singing through a meadow.

The ever-present Mahanta

delights in the steps we take

on this Light-filled journey,

steady with the all-embracing Sound of God

calling Soul back home.

I continue on, amazed and happy,

to reach deeper into the heart of God.

Lynne Kieve

An Exercise to Try

Lynn’s poem mentions the “billowing white wave of love” that flows down from the mountain of God. Do you long to feel a divine breeze? To see a majestic vista? To experience spiritual freedom? Use the following spiritual exercise from Sri Harold Klemp to explore your own path and rejoice in Soul’s destination.

The Mountain of God

By Harold Klemp

Find a quiet place where no one will disturb you for ten or fifteen minutes. Then shut your eyes and look at a place just above and between the eyebrows. That is the location of the Spiritual Eye.

Now imagine you are climbing to the top of a broad green mountain. Follow the brown dirt path to a meadow of colorful flowers. Powder-white clouds near the summit of the mountain give a feeling of great joy, wonder, and freedom. This is the Mountain of God.

When you reach the top, lie down upon the thick, soft carpet of grass. Feel the sunshine warm your face, arms, and body. Shut your eyes there too, as you did when you began this exercise in your room. For the moment, expect complete darkness of the inner vision.

Now look gently for the Light of God to appear in your Spiritual Eye. It may appear in a number of ways. It may come as a soft field of light, similar to the fluffy white clouds near the mountaintop. Again, It may be a pinpoint of light: blue, white, yellow, purple, or even green or pink.

While looking for the Light, softly sing HU over and over again. It is Soul’s love song to God. Without staring, continue to watch for the Light within your Spiritual Eye. Listen also for the Sound.

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, where more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

16 Responses to This Blessed Path

1. Mary Craver says:

I love this poem, I felt myself there.

2. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Thank you Lynne for the wonderful poem.
    The Mountain of God, a place to visit. It was lovely. From that hight I could see God´s wonders in Its creation. Everything so beautifully arranged and with purpose. I saw the light, but couldn´t tell its origine….from inside of me or from outside of me?…Yes, I guess it came from within me, reflecting all around me, showing me my way back to the origine….God.
    Thanks Wah Z for your love.

3. Sherry Ward says:

Such a lovely poem. I can certainly feel the love of God coming through. Thank you!
    And I love the spiritual exercise. Thanks to the master for this reminder as I will try this one again today.

4. Anne Wynne says:

What a beautiful poem!
    And the spiritual exercise is amazing. As I read it, I just went there.
    This is a postcard from the Mountain of God. It is wonderful here. My heart is full to overflowing.
    May the blessings be.
    Anne Wynne

5. Marcos Muledzera says:

Just Wonderful!

6. Gary farrar says:

When we look at a flower sometimes all we can say is: “How beautiful”
    I read this poem but stumble for words.
    How beautiful

7. David Gardner says:

This was a beautiful poem. Thank you so much for your contribution.

8. Amy Mraze says:

Lynne, it was so wonderful to see your poem. It brought me back to when we were friends hosting at the Temple. We are indeed all walking the path back home to God together… and yet it is our own journey with the Mahanta as well.

9. Lynette Delaney says:

I really like this poem. Thank you

10. Sylvia Gordon says:

Thank you, Lynne, for this beautiful poem, it filled me with love and longing to journey ever onward to the heart of God. May the Blessings Be!

11. Nathalie Ramsay says:

This is very beautiful – Thank HU Lynn – MTBB

12. chinedu says:

this poem bring me home to a joyful moment I need more of it with the spiritual exercise, thank you

13. Mutale Sampa says:

This poem has hit home for me, the ECK Masters are always there to help me on my journey back home to God.

14. Nnenna says:

Lynne Kieve is talking about her experience in the journey of soul back to God. Mahanta summed it up with that spiritual excercise still taking soul further in its journey back to the heart of God. This spiritual excercise is intriquing, foot parts ECK Masters have threaded, with each soul having its own unique experience. This mountain of God takes love, tolerance, service, humility, patience to thread. I have done this excercise before, it is wonderful and worth doing again. Wah Z is the teacher and the light.

15. Kirk Williams says:

Thank you for such a wonderful post.

16. ashley reeder says:

thank you Lynne for this beautiful poem for its truth and love.