Spiritual Exercise: For Cleanliness of Spirit

inner_worlds_25_color_hiBy Harold Klemp

“He must practice the disciplines of ECK. The first is to have cleanliness of mind, that no words which would pollute the air enter into his mind. He shall look upon all men as creatures of God and this only; for they, like himself, are temples who shall eventually become Co-workers with God.”

—Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Bk. 1, p. 100

Close your eyes, and chant the letters H-U for several minutes. In your Spiritual Eye, imagine a beautiful inner temple, constructed of the Light and Sound of God. See how the Light and Sound cleans, polishes, and purifies each detail of the inner temple of Soul. You may want to stay with this exercise for thirty minutes.

In your outer life, give extra care to cleaning one thing with all your love and attention. Be aware of the Light and Sound working through you.

From Spiritual Exercises for the Shariyat, Book One, p. 69

12 Responses to Spiritual Exercise: For Cleanliness of Spirit

1. Karen says:

Thank you Wah Z. I will be trying this spiritual exercise later.
    May the Blessings be!

2. Sena G. says:

Merci beaucoup pour cette citation. C’est bien de nous le redire.

3. Abe Madrid says:

Thank you Z, for being such a pure vehicle for these beautiful teachings! I am truly grateful for the opportunity to partake. In ECK, Abe

4. H H ONAH says:

I am so excited about the quotation from the Shariyat ki Sugmad and cleansing nature of spiritual exercises. HU is al purpose elixir to those who discipline themselves enough to sing it regularly.
    So I thank you, Wah Z for the teachings.

5. NAWATE Kolani Lorimpo says:

Juste dire merci au Maitre Eck pour ses orientions à la croissance spirituelle des âmes.
    QUE LES BENEDICTIONS SOIENT.

6. Bob says:

Thanks for the love! It touches my heart.

7. James I. Aguwa says:

Thank you so much my Spiritual Guide. Cleaning the mind is also a way of developing the Divine Love within and that will lead to attracting love from others around knowingly or unknowingly. This practice has to be done on daily basis and it is a good reminder to me.

8. Amoy Olton says:

Thank you Sr Harold for reminding me that I should strive always for a clean mind and also a clean heart. I It is very difficult to do amongst the chaos of life but I keep trying with the help of the Mahanta. Sometimes it’s tough but I keep persevering. Thank you for making this path so meaningful.

9. Dave oneal says:

Beautiful, refreshing, and enlightening, thank-you so much.

10. Rose says:

As above, so below.
    As on the inner, so on the outer.
    What a beautiful exercise to focus on Light and Sound and let both cleanse and infuse our lives, our Being, our Vision…Soul.

11. Yiscard Rubattino says:

Thanks Wah Z, for all the teachings and love ❤️. And also for remind us that the spiritual exercises should be part of our daily life. I needed this exercise in this moment. Baraka Bashad!!!

12. Bi Veronica Ngwa says:

Thank you Wah Z for that extract from the —Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad.
    This reminds us that cleanliness must start from within us. It is not the contrary. And that as soul, we all are equal before God, and are all striving towards one goal-becoming co-workers with God. The paths and time taken may differ, but we all will reach our destination-the kingdom of God. So respect the space of others.
    May The Blessings be.