How Does One Know If a Relationship Is Worth Developing?
By Harold Klemp
Q: How does one know if a relationship is based on love and is worth developing?
A: No one has the final word on love, but consider the following points in deciding if you really love someone:
- Does he bring joy to your heart when you think of him?
- Do you want to make him happy?
- Will you love him for what he is and not try to change him? Will you let him be as he is and not what you want him to be?
- Young people tend to fall in love with their ideal of love. This means that one has the ideal of a Prince Charming who is really a toad. Not all Prince Charmings are toads, and not all toads are Prince Charmings.
- Don’t forget your self-worth. How does he treat you—like a treasure or someone to be used?
Love is the expression of the ECK, Divine Spirit, on earth, and these points should give you a fairly good opportunity to see what kind of relationship you are in.
Excerpted from Youth Ask a Modern Prophet about Life, Love, and God.