Seeing through the Inner Senses

ECKANKAR, Harold Klemp, HU inner visionBy Harold Klemp

“The extrovertive way looks outward, through the physical senses into the external world, finding there the greater experience of the divine reality. The introvertive way turns inward, with an introspective manner of seeing through the inner senses and eyes to find the greater experience of the divine reality beyond the human consciousness.”

—The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book One, p. 202

Think about a current challenge in your life or a spiritual question you may have.

In contemplation, imagine there are two distinct rooms of knowledge related to that issue. The first room contains information from the physical senses. Picture this room as clearly as you can; it contains all the facts of matter, energy, space, and time related to your concern.

The second room holds insights from the inner senses, beyond the human consciousness. Sing HU as you see yourself entering this second room. Let the song of HU open your inner vision to find the greater experience of the divine reality.

* * *

In your daily life, new insights may come to you in unexpected ways.

From Spiritual Exercises for the Shariyat, Book One, p. 147.

7 Responses to Seeing through the Inner Senses

1. Lucie Payette says:

I just tried this wonderful exercise. I did not think at first that it would work but it did very well. It makes me realize that the situation I am facing now, which is very hard on my émotions is actually a spiritual exercise in itself. Sometimes we think we should take some great actions for the Holy Spirit, and we dont see what is just in front of us. My challenge right now is to show Divine Love to one person dear to me. It is not to talk about the Eck but to manifest It even in Silence and Love. Every hardship on our way to God is a stepping stone. The inner sense exercise just showed me that I am in the right place for now and for Divine Spirit. Thank you so very much Wah Zee for this experience. Love.

2. Adedeji Adelodun says:

I thank You, dear MAHANTA. Another kind reminder to keep alive my creative imagination faculty.
    May the blessings be!

3. Lucy Lawson says:

Thank you Z this is the reminder I need to work through the problems I am having now. I’m so grateful for everything.

This seems like a spiritual exercise to try right now. Thankful.

5. Nnena says:

Thank you Mahanta what can we see in the outer, the outer is blurred and full of illusions, the inner is real and crystal clear. May the blessings be.

6. Rama Badarou Soule says:

Wah Z, you arouse the interest of turning all the time inward, to the Inner Master. I have personally realized how tedious it is to use the extroverted way in this school of life which is full of uncertainties. In fact, the true direction comes from the heart, the inner senses that are beyond the human consciousness. Spiritual Exercises are the key. Your help to me is priceless. I’m very grateful. Thanks a lot, Wah Z. May the blessings be!

7. Moses Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Harji for this wonderful piece – “Seeing Through The Inner Senses.”
    This is a perfect way of showing how the outer teachings would lead someone to the inner teachings, turning inwards.
    This is quite spot – on and has come in such a time I needed it most. This spiritual exercise is invaluable.
    I have had to deal with a very stubborn issue of late. I threw in all my creative ideas to no avail.
    Just a night before the publication on this blog, I took out time to peep into the inner for an idea of what the real issue might possibly be. There lies the solution.
    And we fixed it. Problem Solved.
    We can’t be smarter than divine spirit.
    Often, we pride ourselves of being very intelligent. We believe we can handle our issues. So we keep trying and perhaps keep failing until we turn to divine spirit for help – seeing through the inner senses.
    The MAHANTA is always there to offer assistance especially when we turn to IT – seeing through the inner senses.
    Thanks very Wah Z for your love and care.