ECK Is the Path of Freedom

By Harold Klemp

ECK is the path of freedom. We want the spiritual freedom to move about and live our lives without interference from other people. But this means freedom with responsibility. It doesn’t mean you can strut into another person’s space, tell him how to live his life, then claim you are living the life of ECK. Because if you impose your viewpoint on others without invitation, you are not living the life of ECK. ECK gives people the freedom to be themselves.

The only time you don’t give others the freedom to be themselves is when they move out of their own little world and invade your space. If they try to move into areas which are not their domain, then you simply say, “You don’t belong here.” The ECK path is not made up of people who let others walk all over them. On the other hand, we are not overbearing people who tromp all over others either. To walk the spiritual path of ECK is to take the middle path.

During the dream state or in contemplation, we are sometimes made aware of how we have strayed over the line of someone else’s personal freedom. Often our direction is given in a very apparent way by the Inner Master. If we do not catch the lesson the first time, the Inner Master gives us another nudge through a different means.

In one way or another the Mahanta says, “You have crossed the line. Please wake up, because if you keep this up, you are going to run head-on into yourself.” And if you still don’t recognize what you are doing, you certainly will meet yourself—on your own ground, on equal terms, in the right way, at the right time.

ECK is the path of love, and that includes learning to have compassion and understanding when other people run into karma that they cannot understand or handle. The ECKist is one who offers comfort, a kind word, and perhaps a shoulder to cry on. But when a person’s loss is so deep that words won’t help, listening sometimes does more good than talking. This is all part of the path of ECK.

Excerpted from Unlocking Your Sacred Puzzle Box, Mahanta Transcripts, Book 6.

18 Responses to ECK Is the Path of Freedom

1. baudouine Olafa says:

Thank you so much Z for your constant guidance. As you said “I’m Always with you” it is not just a words. May the blessings be.

2. Lovedales , Ghana says:

Thank you Wah Z. We will live our lives better and responsibly by understanding the topic “Spiritual freedom”. Thank you for explaining it in simply terms. I got the message.

3. Edward Dickson says:

What is karma?

• Peter Akpokodje says:

Hello Edward,

Simply put, karma is what you reap (good or bad) from what you sowed (did) in past lifetimes or this lifetime. It is the law of cause and effect in action.

Now, for a more thorough definition, find below extract from A Cosmic Sea of Words: The ECKANKAR Lexicon (https://www.eckbooks.org/items/A_Cosmic_Sea_of_Words_The_ECKANKAR_Lexicon-61-0.html):

Karma, Law of. KAHR-mah The Law of Cause and Effect, action and reaction, justice, retribution, and reward, which applies to the lower or psychic worlds: the Physical, Astral, Causal, Mental, and Etheric Planes; a facet of the Law of Love, purifies people by holding them responsible for their thoughts and deeds, both to themselves and others; the Law of Universal Compensation which is under the Law of Vibration; inflow and outflow; a matter of vibrations; one of the twelve laws by which the universes are sustained. Also Law of Retribution; Law of Return(s). See also adi (primal) karma; kriyaman (daily) karma; prarabdh (fate) karma; sinchit (reserve) karma.

4. Degbe kodjo soke says:

Merci mahanta…je suis très content de votre présence dans ma vie…j ai toujours besoin de votre aide….Baraka bashad…..

Z, I am thankful for the freedom to read this article. It involved responsibility on all concerned. You making this available and me finding the time and reading it.
    Freedom definitely goes with responsibility as we unfold in consciousness. These comforting words illuminate my mind with understanding and my heart with compassion.
    I am always in joy and awe for every degree of freedom gained no matter the degree. The ECK (Holy Spirit) is.
    Love is all.

6. Larry says:

Thank you Mahanta for your love, and your teaching. Let the will be done in us.

7. AdemolaShote says:

This is a reminder, be yourself and let others be. Thank you Z for this nudge.

8. Vianca says:

Mahanta gracias por tu amor, compasion y guia. Por recordarme que soy Atma y los demas tambien. Gracias por enseñarnos con sabiduria divina.

9. Frank Emela says:

Thank you WahZ for this talk. Found myself in a situation where it seems as if my silence and kind words where of less importance to those affected sometime ago. To make an impact, in a way I thought to be the best, I moved into action and it affected my spirituality, drastically. Now I know that not every invitation to help should be honored. Some invitations are traps.
    The wisdom to move on I plead. MTTB!

10. Bi V. says:

Thank you Wah Z for these reminders.
    Sometimes we are pushed by our emotions to act, thinking we are just trying to be compassionate……yes, show compassion, but take permission also before acting, else we may be getting involved into a “do gooder syndrome,” and worst of all invading someone’s space.
    This advice is no doubt the best, and quite on time for me this day. As much as I love to be free, so must I give others their freedom. This is what ECKANKAR is all about…The Path of Love, The Path of Spiritual Freedom.

11. Moses Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Wah Z for this reminder.
    A freedom with responsibility. We need freedom. So do others.
    A very big thank you to The Mahanta who would always nudge us when ever i have crossed the line.
    One way of showing how much really do love God might be to worship God in our way and grant others freedom to do same in their own way too. If we don’t, then the drama of life might just start paying right in front us.
    But thanks to Wah Z for always being there.

12. Irene Sng says:

I have learned through ECK teachings how to give other people their freedom, not allowing others to intrude my own space and also the power of divine love. Thank you Mahanta.

13. Kevin Mabika says:

En cette période difficile que je traverse, lire vos écrits Mahanta, me donne la compréhension de mes expériences, le courage et la force. Merci Z

14. Rama Badarou Soule says:

Wah Z: Thank you for these additional warnings, very important for the survival of the ECK teachings. How not to be grateful to have a LIVING Spiritual Guide who constantly watches over the grains? These constant reminders, corroborate the vision of the Living ECK Master to make the religion of the Spiritual Freedom a global religion. Everything is clear.
    Absolutely, ECK is the path of love; nothing else!
    Words are not enough to express my joy and happiness of being ECKist. Thank you so much, Wah Z for your constant guidance!

15. Joseph Dada says:

I thank you Mahanta, this talk has now guide me to be aware how to give other people their freedom and not to allow other people into my space.

16. Vivian says:

Each time I read the Master’s works it opens my heart and puts me back in the right track.

17. Kokoette Bassey says:

ECK is in deed a path that helps Chela attain the highest level of spiritual freedom one can think of. Unlike before when I was in another religious path, I have become more aware of the gift of love I received from the Master and how I can pass that love to others by allowing them have their ways in everything they do. Even the least person I’ve come in contact with may have appreciated that love through my action. It’s a great love in expression. Thank you Wah Z for sharing this!