Stepping Out of Fear into the Light

Photo by: Connie KroskinBy Harold Klemp

A woman had run her life by the forces of power and control instead of love. When she came into contact with other people, her inclination was to control them, to tell them what to do. The woman had developed some bad habits, but she couldn’t pinpoint what this was doing to her life.

So the Dream Master gave her an experience about habits. One night in the dream state, the Dream Master took her into a basement with a group of people. The basement was very dark. Leeches were crawling on the floors and walls.

The people in the basement felt it was very important to pluck the leeches off themselves. They spent most of their time just sitting in the basements, plucking and plucking.

Suddenly a door opened from the outside. Sunlight poured in, and a second group of people entered the basement. They seemed very unconcerned about the leeches, even though the first group tried to warn them, “Keep plucking them off, because they’ll stick to you!”

The second group was happy. They laughed and enjoyed themselves. The first group wasn’t able to impress upon these happy people that leech plucking was important enough to worry about.

About this time, as the second group left the basement and the sunlight poured in through the open door, the dreamer awoke.

The dream was upsetting and left the woman with a feeling of discomfort. So she developed a spiritual exercise to resolve her discomfort.

She imagined herself walking out of the dark basement into the sunlight. She was trying to move from a lower, darker world into a higher, lighter one. As she did this, she realized that the leeches were her habits of control, fear, and power. The second group was simply concerned with living in the love of everyday life and loving the Holy Spirit. She realized that the love was in the Light and Sound which was outside in the greater worlds of God.

Excerpted from The Book of ECK Parables, Volume 3.

Stepping-Stones

How might this story help you move out of control, fear, and power into the Light?

Is there a spiritual exercise you could create today to help you solve a problem in your life?

12 Responses to Stepping Out of Fear into the Light

1. Janet Teltschik says:

I have learned so much in such a short time. Rediscovering ECK at this time in my life has truly been a God send. Thank you for being here for all of us. The stories I’ve read, the exercises I’m practicing have been just what I need. I lost my husband of 23 years recently and in turn lost myself and my way. ECK has gotten my back on track. No longer lost I see my future. I will continue on as an ECKIST filled with love and hope. Thank you all!

2. Akpobome Ogbon says:

This is a great story. Most times we keep holding on to things like worry and fear that only put us down and make us stagnant. But when we embrace the love of life and living only then do we realise that we alone choose freedom for ourselves.

Thank you Wah Z for this wonderful story.

3. Billie Hess says:

Thank you for this lesson today. I have been living in fear of a serious situation and cant shut off my mind about it. Last night I asked for a way to stop the negative loops of thoughts, I found my answer today in this lesson. I will step out of fear today and dwell in the light and sound of Sugmad.
    Thank you for your love and presence in my life.
    May the blessings be.

4. John Eide says:

For me this is what I been looking for! I just have to be able to do this exercise yet! I am full of fear! Never seen an exercise like this!

5. Ogbarode .A. Ogbon says:

Wonderful Lesson of life. Her ability to develop a spiritual exercise to resolve her discomfort was creative. The importance of the spiritual exercises can never be over-emphasized. No matter the challenge we face the Master is always there so instead on dwelling on the challenges we should always look for solutions and love. Remember why we are here in the first place as soul to learn. Muchas gracias

6. Gladys Orupabo says:

Thank Wah Z for this great story. It taught me to always sung the HU. May the blessings be.

This story reminds me of a war movie I recently watched close to bedtime. It was meant to be sci fiction, but when I went to bed, it only continued with me a key actor in the non fiction. I dodged a number of times and tried escaping a large number of zombies.. now that I type this, I realize I had been glued to my tv set like a zombie watching the war film.
    But the Master is always guiding. So in the inner world, I realized the actor of the tv sci fiction I had been watching, could jump really high away from and above restrictions. So I did and even higher. Applying creativity felt great and made me happy. Thete is always a way.
    I went further jumping into the Light. Thank you Mahanta for guidance, love and protection.

8. ellen says:

Thanks Wah Z! The story made me realize that doing the HU is a is a good way to stay out of the dark basement!

9. Bi V. says:

Thank you Wah Z for your gifts of love and the lessons in all these stories.
    May The Blessings Be.

10. Rama Badarou Soule says:

Thank you for this very edifying story.
    It’s very true that passions and their derivatives pull down. In addition, the interference in the affairs does not count much in our terms of reference here below. No matter how old we are, no matter why we did it, one has to take full responsibility of his/her act. Straightforward, everything comes back one day or the other. We are each the craftsman of our happiness.
    Fortunately, the Mahanta, the Dream Master offers the opportunity to improve our behavior everyday, everytime.

I have been accompaning by the Mahanta for all my acts. The Spiritual Exercises ECK help to achieve this.

I feel very happy to be ECKist. Thank you Wah Z. Truly love. ♥

11. Moses Nduekhe says:

Thanks very much Wah Z for this story.

ECKANKAR doesn’t promise a problem-free life. But it does promise that our lives would be better and richer in a spiritual sense.
    The highest gift of all times is the gift of life. Whatever we do with this life that has been so freely given, is up to us.
    If we want to live our lives based on the principles of love or control of others, its absolutely our choice to make. And the out-come?

We enjoy it.

Far more interesting is that The Inner Master is always on hand to guide our steps no matter how terrible a person we have become.
    WHY? Because The Master loves us beyond what we can ever imagine.

Thanks very much Wah Z.

12. Kemi says:

The illusion of power, control and fear really do leech all my energy and take my attention off the abiding love of the Mahanta. Thank you for the reminder that we can create our own spiritual exercise to get our focus back on the Light and Sound, a reminder to have that absolute reliance on the Inner Master. The love is there, it is always there, we are the HU, we are the love. This blog is such a gift of love. Thank you Wah Z. Thank you for all who share from the heart here too.