To Heal an Error

Did you know it’s possible to find joy even though you’ve made a mistake? This ancient truth is found in the passage below, from The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Eckankar’s sacred scriptures. It offers hope and encouragement.

Chelas, spiritual students, can be reassured of the Mahanta‘s presence, lifting their spirits even after a setback.

The spiritual exercise that follows suggests another way to sing HU, a holy name for God, for bathing in the purifying Light and Sound of God (Divine Spirit). Trust in the Mahanta’s guidance can help you understand you are always loved and never alone—no matter what may have gone sideways in your life.

By Harold Klemp

“All life becomes a realization that the Mahanta is always present, and that the ECK makes life a joy to live. If the chela errs at any time there should be little need for discouragement, but one of joy, for he can now compare the errors with the joys of his life.”

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book Two, p. 20

Sing H-U one letter at a time aloud for several minutes. After a bit, you will feel your body come into harmony with this rhythm.

In your Spiritual Eye, imagine meeting the Mahanta by an inner fountain of Light and Sound. You may feel fountain spray upon your atoms or hear the waters rush like the life force in your veins.

Let this purifying action bring you joy.

* * *

Should you be distracted from the present moment by regret or remorse, practice the gift of true surrender. Give the situation to the ECK by saying with all your love and trust, “May the blessings be.”

Know that the ECK will use the situation for the spiritual benefit of all.

From Spiritual Exercises for the Shariyat, Book Two, p. 13.

17 Responses to To Heal an Error

1. David says:

The first time I sang HU with an Eckankar group it sounded very much like an orchestra tuning up. When the HU sing was over, the room seemed so bright. This happened many times and gave me proof that singing HU opens us to the Light and Sound of God. The HU then begins to align us with spirit, resolving and healing problems that once held us back in life. We gain the confidence that there is always a way to heal our problems.

2. Gracia says:

Indeed it is very heartening to know that it is possible to find joy even though we’ve erred.
    No matter what may have gone “off-key” in our lives, we can be reassured of the Mahanta‘s presence, lifting our spirits and we are always loved and never alone.

3. THOMAS OSEMIHA says:

The love and care of the MAHANTA for all life is immeasurable and it stunts the mind to ponder. Can you imagine Him being always with all of us at the same time no matter where we may be? Thinking about it is a spiritual exercise!

4. Rodney Weldon says:

I am not a member but have been drawn back to the sound of HU. As I listened to the free 5 min recording again today, I felt love and peace. I listen twice and I begin to hear a flute playing two notes over and over and then a much higher pitched third note all along with the singing of HU. It was like the flute notes were added by a spiritual being to help in some matter. I ended my contemplation and felt compelled to write this. Thank you for making the free recording available, and the brief recordings of wisdom. Right now membership fee is not attainable but is my hope in the future that ECK will help me provide fee so that I can continue the studies into the mysteries. Blessings to you all and above blessings love.

• Anna says:

Rodney, Eckankar provides membership with a donation that one can afford. The last time I renewed my membership this was the case. You might want to contact Eckankar to ask if you may donate an amount you can afford. However you may prefer not to. I’m just sharing this with you.

5. Soubere Biodoumoye says:

Am sincerely grateful for this.

6. Anna says:

Beautiful exercise! Thank you.

7. Pauline Z . Mawutir says:

I can’t thank the Mahanta enough for all his love guidance and protection. After a physical exercise I had serious pain on my left shoulder, for months I could not lift that hand for support, then I increased my spiritual exercise and surrendered to the Mahanta. He took me to a beam of light in th inner and I was healed. I remain grateful. Thank you Wah Z

8. Myriam Jarsky says:

Lots of wonderful help here. Thank you, Mahanta, and all the previous responders.

9. Taiwo says:

Thanks Z for this Reassurance.
    With Love,
    TA

10. Lovedales , Ghana says:

This is a great spiritual exercise. Thank you.

11. Peter says:

I also have fallen and tripped flat on my face many times over the years.Feeling ashamed that my discipline being so week.

I have found myself in the hall of healing laying on a bed with hands behind my head . The Mahanta standing behind me massaging my hands. With soothing words telling me he would take me on a soul travel journey finding myself clothed in a ball of white light floating and tumbling down a dark corridor of my being.

My discovery being that the Mahanta accepts me as I am. His love encouraging me to get up and continue the journey of soul and his promise that I am always with you.

PB

12. Rama Badarou Soule says:

It’s a privilege to be ECKist! Thank you Mahanta for your immeasurable love. This is another relaxing, powerful exercise. It belongs to the true surrender that derives from faith.

Abominable situations that cause stress and tension can occur, eventhough we keep our control. These situations create some resentment that can leave indelible traces, especially when it is an intimidation, humiliation or even harassment case.

I had experimented the technique during a meeting I was obviously ‘smashed’. The attacker had gone too far in his offensive remarks that had, in fact, no relation to the subject we were discussing in an assembly of about thirty people.

I was invited to answer a question. The sudden attack really angered me, even though I kept quiet giving back a smile. I was really disappointed, and was regretting my participation for coming to the place. Suddenly I felt the presence of the Living ECK Master in the room. The abuser / offender did pursue his adventure. The Inner Master kindly suggested this technique to me. I enjoyed it. Oh, this Exercise is not only liberating but more than anything, it restored order.
    Thank you all. Grateful Mahanta for the happiness of meeting you again in my present incarnation.
    Love!

13. Moses Nduekhe says:

This is indeed great and very reassuring. May the blessings be.

14. Dimče says:

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book 2, p.1, says; “The Divine Dreamer sends out ITS dreams to man via the Mahanta, the LIving ECK Master in all ITS worlds, to arouse individual Souls in their sleep state to seek once again the heavenly kingdom. The Kal Niranjan sends forth its illusions via the negative channels to offset the divine dreams. It is hardly ever successful.”

In contemplation, I was given the images that I then put into a poem, which I’ve titled “Riders at Dawn”. Night symbolises the human state of consciousness, and the plight of forgetfulness that ensues should we slip in our disciplines. The “host of riders” is the body of ECK Initiates, at the threshold of “dawn” or the worlds of pure Light and Sound, and the help available to Soul at all times. The benevolent “Hunter”, in this case is of course, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. The poem overall, apart from a gentle admonition, makes the point that our spiritual unfoldment does not result from our successes alone, but that errors too, result in lessons indispensable to Soul.

Night shrouds it’s mysteries in forgetfulness.
    You wake, but cannot remember where you were.
    Or what you did.
    The only thing you know for sure
    Is that once again, you were not alone.

A host of riders sets out at dawn.
    The brief thunder of hooves shook your house in passing.
    One of them, a friend, said that your turn would come.
    But that seems strange,
    Since its many years since you have ridden,
    And you’ve given your saddle, bridle and mount away.

Don’t pretend to be someone else,
    Lest you become something you’re not.
    The hunter knows where the prey is hiding,
    But is in no hurry to find it.

15. Carol Cameron says:

I’ll try this exercise this morning. The simplicity of the exercise makes it easy to recall when one feels mired in regrets. Grateful for a new way to approach surrender…

16. DocScientist says:

A guidance on time! I just did a mistake that I was sure would keep me back spiritually. I regretted and felt bad that I fell in Kal’s trap. But then I simply chanted Wah Z. Then I visualised Mahanta as healer and taking away all the unhealthy thoughts and unhealthy actions from me with his vacuum cleaner. Then I visualised Mahanta taking me to his healing room and making me sit on a chair. He puts on his stethoscope and takes a torch light from his pocket. He directs the white light from the torch light towards me and I feel it cleaning every part of me. After this I felt cleansed and uplifted. I also learnt to be kind to myself even if I go out of my disciplined way and do mistakes that can hold me back spiritually. If I weren’t making mistakes I wouldn’t learn something from it and there would be no unfoldment and no need to stay here in this physical plane!