The Strange Story of Help for My Son

The Strange Story of Help for My SonBy Flow, Illinois

I was a recently divorced, single mom. My seventeen-year-old son, “Josh,” was a senior in high school and seemed not to care about much. He especially did not care about graduating, and he often got in trouble for skipping school. Eventually he was suspended, and when that didn’t work he was placed on probation and independent study. One more misdeed and he would be permanently expelled.

I remember sincerely asking the Mahanta for helpβ€”to please help Josh graduate from high school, if it’s for the good of the whole.

A few weeks later, one spring evening when it was so warm I opened all the windows, I left for a part-time job. Once I was out of the house, Josh put his earphones on, cranked up his music and focused on his homework, not realizing he hadn’t switched off the speakers. They were now blaring loud music to the whole neighborhood. Apparently the neighbor across the street came out and started yelling, “Turn that sound off!” But the earphones prevented Josh from hearing the shouting coming from across the street.

A little while later, Josh looked up and noticed a police car had pulled up in front of the house. Curious, he turned the radio off, took off his earphones, and went outside to see what was up.

By this time the teenage neighbor next door was blaring her music. The two policemen went up and started to knock on her door. But then the neighbor from across the street yelled, “Not her, HIM!” pointing to Josh. The police then proceeded to handcuff and arrest Josh. When I returned home, a police officer came to the door and told me I needed to go to the juvenile hall to pick up my son. He had been charged with carrying a weapon.

In his pants pocket, Josh carried a large box-cutting knife, which he used for work.

I was shocked. All the way to the jail I sang HU and opened my heart to the Mahanta’s guidance. Josh was OK but a bit shaken up. He said the only thing they took was the knife to hold as evidence. Evidence of what? I wondered to the Mahanta.

The next day I phoned the district attorney’s office to sort things out. I got to speak to the DA himself, which I thought was unusual.

The DA said, “Well, ma’am, your son shouldn’t have had a knife at school.” Surprised, I said, “But he wasn’t at school. He was at home.” Equally surprised, he replied, “He wasn’t at school?” I assured him my son had been at home.” The DA said, “I’ll have to look into this,” and he hung up.

The next day, when Josh came home from work, he said, “Guess what? Today while I was on campus to pick up my independent-study work, the school had a security search going on. They went through my pockets and backpack. I had to work this afternoon, so I would’ve had my box knife with me. Pretty interesting, huh?”

I knew in that moment that my request to the Mahanta had been answered in this roundabout way. Some might say, “That’s terrible what happened.” But I knew it was the safest and best way to protect my son so he could graduate. If security had found that large knife on Josh, he would have been arrested and expelled.

Josh graduated, and many years have passed. He is now married, with three children. I am grateful every day for the Master‘s blessings of love and protection.

17 Responses to The Strange Story of Help for My Son

1. Bi V.N says:

Thanks for sharing.
    Your love, faith and trust in The Mahanta and your inner guidance is what interests me most.
    Thank you Mahanta for always being there for us.
    May The Blessings be.

2. Louise says:

This story is an answer from the Mahanta to keep focus on his protection even for my grandson who’s at 6 years old shows attitudes of agressivity in life even towards his own mother. I was just asking the Mahanta for this “what to do about” and there is this Flow’s story and my hope are better for this grandson because of your protection and love Z. Thank you Mahanta and Flow for helping me.

3. Kathleen Finerty says:

What a beautiful story, Flow! It reminds me of the story Sri Harold shared in the June 2018 “Mystic World.” An ECKist in Africa was trying to protect her son from being charged with a petty offense at a police station. She had been very upset, but she was nudged to carry her cell phone to a corner of the room and place a “call” to the Mahanta. She simply said into the phone, “Please take charge of this situation.” Shortly, things were resolved, and the releasing officer even turned out to be another ECKist! This technique is such a simple way to call on the Mahanta and just surrender a situation completely.

4. Noz Naz says:

I have been Eckist for a few years now. I ended up in prison due to MY stupidity. During the darkest times I was given proof of the Mahanta’s guidance and protection. Now my faith in Eck is unshakable.

May the Mahanta bless you and your son.

5. Eriyoma says:

You know, the fact that we are Eckist does not mean we will not have troubles in our lives, however our daily challenges will help us recognize the help and the hand of God in our lives all the time. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your loving presence Z.

6. Paul Akpokodje says:

Thank you for this beautiful story. Indeed, for the good of the whole, all life’s experiences comes together for our good. Thank you Mahanta.

7. Adekankun Oluwayomi says:

My heart just opened after reading this story. Thank you Wah Z for your love.

8. Patricia says:

Wow! The all encompassing and ever present Love of God.πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

9. Paul Ako says:

God’s Love is indeed Wonderful!

10. M says:

This is wonderful, very interested. Thank for sharing. The Inner Master is life assurance. Thank you Mahanta.

11. tonyzee odika azokwu says:

The story is touching. The thing about the story is that the mother handed over everything to Mahanta for action and trusted the Eck. May the blessings be.

12. Enakpotobor Emmanuel says:

That’s a wonderful one, a miraculous roundabout way to experience the gentle hands of divine spirit. Thank You Mahanta. BTBB

13. Kokoette Bassey says:

A very touching story worth sharing. The Inner Master’s help comes to us at difficult times and we must always remember to call on him in times of trouble. Since I became an Eckist, I have had assurances of the Master’s guide and help. May the blessings be.

14. Justin E. Obinna says:

The Mahanta is closer to us than even our heart beat. He is a loving Master and all round Teacher. When you are in school, you are given assignments and tests that teach a lesson. In life you are given tests that impart vital lessons. To me, the Mahanta is my life Teacher. The tests he gives me serve to unlock the love of God that is the core of my being. Along the way, I learn patience, love and understanding from him.

Your story added value to me. Thanks for sharing!

15. Rayka says:

Thank you sharing Flow, that is an amazing story. I have indeed seen Eck work in a roundabout way in my life too! At times I did wonder and thought is it possible, or is it just a exceptional way of connecting the dots, but reading your story is an assurance the ECK can surely work in an miraculous and unexpected ways, that’s the will of Divine. Thank you once again, with lots of Love, you are a wonderful mother. May the blessings be!

16. Anne Paris says:

Beautiful story! Mahanta is always with us, protecting us and guiding us on our way back to God. I am truly grateful to have found Eckankar in this life time. I can’t even imagine what I would have become without it. Thanks a lot, Mahanta..Love you soooo much!

17. Clement pewan says:

This is wonderful , very interested . Thank for sharing. The Inner Master is life assurance . Thank you HU MAHANTA.