Taking the Next Step

Eckankar’s sacred scriptures, The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, speak of  ECK Masters. They are advanced spiritual beings who far exceed the normal human capacity for giving and receiving divine love and yet continue to spiritually evolve. They help others use imagination, among other spiritual gifts, to embark upon journeys of self-discovery and freedom.

This inspiring  passage from The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book Two, and the spiritual exercise that follows it, offers a simple way to exercise the creative ability of Soul, the eternal self. Limitless possibilities dwell within the Ocean of Love and Mercy—source of the life-giving Light and Sound of God.

By Harold Klemp

“It is known that having attained the stature of an ECK Master, it is found that there yet lies beyond this higher and even higher stages of spiritual evolution. One of the three truths of ECK is that Soul is immortal, and Its future is the future of a thing whose growth and splendor has no limits.”

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book Two, pp. 85–86

When facing a limitation in your inner or outer life, close your eyes and sing, “May the blessings be” for several minutes. Imagine unmanifested blessings of Light and Sound are raining into your life from the Ocean of Love and Mercy.

* * *

Your acceptance of unknown blessings invites new possibilities. Look for how the ECK will lead you forward.

Be hungry to take the next step.

From Spiritual Exercises for the Shariyat, Book Two, p. 59.

13 Responses to Taking the Next Step

1. Florent says:

Wow
    C’est la première fois je viens sur un blogue ECK,
    Et je pense être là au bon moment, car je cherchais un moyen plus simple de prier.

Merci Wah Z

2. Mightyman says:

What a plus to the plethora of amazing and limitless spiritual solutions. Always know of it – May the blessings be -but never thought of using it for a step above limitations just that way. Surely a spiritual exercise to try for results .

3. Joseph A Homsey says:

Interesting that you bring this up. A couple/three months ago I was sitting down doing my morning spiritual exercises. It came into my awareness that I could visualize a huge waterfall flowing down from Spirit through my spiritual eye and into my conscious and unconscious state of being, that I would benefit. I didn’t put any limitations or requests with it. Just a blue waterfall flowing into my consciousness every single morning. I’ve done so every single morning since.

And to come to think of it, this happened fairly close to the time I began reading and responding to Eckankar Blog writings. There’s been other times in my life where I’ve visualized something or became aware of something through an inner connection. Then later(sometimes months, sometimes years) the very thing I had thought had been my own creative thinking process would magically appear in an Eck publication of sort.

Funny how this Eck thing works… 🙂

4. Tammy says:

I feast daily on the ECK Spiritual Exercises, even more than once at times, especially when running into opportunities that I don’t yet understand. These spiritual exercises keep my heart open and allow me to stay in a state of balance where I can be open to answers and gifts of Divine Love. They have transformed my life in numerous ways, providing me with Divine Guidance to light the way. With the ECK Masters and the ECK Spiritual Exercises, I’m able to navigate my life more graciously and with more love for myself and others. I am eternally grateful and happy to have a new exercise to work with when limitations are educating me on yet another facet of myself to expand upon so I may see above and beyond it.

5. Josue Rubi says:

As a Seeker, I love reading all the comments written by others Souls like me seeking on their ways back. Thank you MAHANTA for the spiritual exercise and the blessings. “May the blessings be” ❤️

6. Joe says:

Thanks a lot to Wah Z for helping me out in times of need. Before I came to Eck, I always relied on support and love from people. At times, they weren’t able to help me and I felt devastated. Now after all my experiences in Eck, I have learnt to put my trust on Mahanta or the Eck & feel the love & support pouring from it all the time to me. I no longer feel alone or helpless. There is always help & a loving hand of God to protect me and uplift me when in danger or trouble.
    Over the years, I have understood the importance of Spiritual Exercise of Eck. It really is the key because more I do it, more I feel connected to Eck & more love pouring into me. It is like a sword to protect me. I always carry it every where. It is all that I have and I am thankful to Mahanta for this gift.
    I notice that whenever I am feeling quite low or hopeless or even fed up of things, doing the spiritual exercises & going deep inside me to find the light & Sound of God really gives me the strength, support & all that I need to move forward with my life. It is my boost, my lifeline & my all.
    Love to all seekers, Eck Masters & Sugmad.

7. odey G okppotu says:

Woooooow what a heart opening exercise to try thank you mahanta, this goes further to interpret my inner experience that I call no limitation.

8. Bi V.N says:

@ Emme, Chela means “a spiritual student.” This often refers to members of ECKANKAR.
    You’re welcome to The Path of Spiritual Freedom, The Path of Love.
    Thank you Harold Klemp, The Mahanta, The Living ECK Master for the gifts of love in the Spiritual Exercises of ECK.
    May The Blessings be.

9. Emme says:

What does Chela mean? I’m new here and just requested readings. Thank you for sharing your divine wisdom. I grew up on a apple orchard and remember picking the top fruit and now I have a greater understanding. I realized too Heaven is the place of Infinite Possibilities and Freedom of Choice.

• Anne says:

Chela means student in Eckankar. The Inner Master or Mahanta is our guide who will teach us things we need to know for us to move forward spiritually. We learn to experience more & more of God’s Love till we become one with God’s Love.

10. David says:

Found this in the Shariyat Ki Sugmad which ties in nicely with the acceptance of unknown possibilities.

“The work of the Living ECK Master has already been finished with every chela who comes to him to be lifted up. He knows what the chela is ready to receive before the petition is made. He gives all to the chela in advance, but if the chela is not ready, there is no recognition that he has already received his gift. When the chela is ready, the gift shall be recognized and received with the joy and blessings of the Living ECK Master.”

The phrase that sticks in my mind is that heaven is a place of infinite possibilities.

Life here is a finite expression of one possibility examined in great detail. I was recently examining one such possibility when picking apples as a teenager. I had to work my way from the top to the bottom of the tree because as the apples are removed the branches, when unweighted, the branches will bend upward making it impossible to reach all the fruit. Time and again the Living ECK Master gives the message to Soul, seek the highest fruit first. After all these years I finally recognized this unknown blessing given decades ago. The spiritual teachings help us to reclaim all the spiritual gifts that have been showered upon us.

11. Anne says:

It’s great to know that our growth doesn’t stop. Because if it did, we would have no reason to work & improve. There is always one more step for all. No discrimination or partiality in this aspect.

12. Lovedales, Ghana says:

Thank you Wah Z. This is the beauty i see in having a Living ECK Master. Although we have everything in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, for the Master to bring a phrase out and explain it with a Spiritual Exercise makes whole lot of a difference. This is beautiful and i am very privilege to be reading this today. “May the Blessing be”.