Agelessly Fascinating—”ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret Worlds”

Agelessly Fascinating—ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret WorldsBy Linda, Minnesota

Where do you look for answers? Do you identify as spiritual but not religious? Have you had puzzling spiritual experiences? Do you want something different than the conventional religions and churches of your childhood?

When I was in my early thirties, I had similar questions and desires. I’d grown up with a traditional religious education. Its beliefs were handed down to me like a quickly spent spiritual inheritance. For three years I’d searched for the right path. I enjoyed Transcendental Meditation; it put me into a soothing state of bliss. But during the stillness of meditating, spiritual longings stirred again. I hadn’t yet found satisfactory explanations for life, death, suffering, and heaven.

One summer afternoon, sprawled across my bed, I started casually reading ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret Worlds, by Paul Twitchell. I wish I could say I understood it. I didn’t. But esoteric, poetic passages began to speak to me. These weren’t merely words and sentences printed on paper. Like breeze-blown feathers, they gently drifted into my mind and whispered their truths.

I would stop reading, close my eyes, and surprise myself by declaring out loud, “I know this. I remember.” I couldn’t recall hearing about Soul Travel, the Time Track, the Real Self, the Spiritual Traveler, the Light and Sound of God, hidden heavenly worlds, or planes of existence. Yet these themes were familiar and as welcome to me as reawakening spring buds.

My excitement grew as I read profound passages, fell into deep sleep, and awakened to hungrily devour more. In spite of my initial trepidation, I loved it that Paul Twitchell made leaving  the physical body sound as natural as drifting into a daydream.

This Was Truly Different

Paul’s interpretations of spiritual literature, such as the Christian Bible and Jesus’s teachings, were unlike anything I’d read. He wrote, “According to the Gospels, Jesus said, ‘Come, follow me.’ But few knew what he was saying, that he wanted them to go with him into the worlds beyond.”

Really? I’d never heard about travel to “worlds beyond.” Or the idea that there were heavens, not only one heaven. In his book Paul Twitchell described strange, hidden destinies that were not fantasies or imagination, but realities anyone could discover. Was exploration of secret worlds possible? Even for me?

After reading the last page, I emerged from my bedroom and began walking downstairs, still clutching this marvelous, mysterious book. What felt like a gale-force wind, accompanied by a deafening roar, rose out of nowhere and pinned me against the wall. I had to cling to the railing or risk tumbling down the carpeted stairs. I wondered if I was about to become Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Spiritually, I certainly no longer lived in Kansas.

At last, I surrendered to the embrace of the invisible wind. Yes, this was truly one powerful book. It was as if I hadn’t read it; the book and its author had read me.

My life would never be the same.

Discovery of ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret Worlds launched me on a journey to spiritual freedom. Every time I read it, this ageless book still answers my questions, gives me hope, and fills my heart with love.

ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret Worlds, by Paul Twitchell, published by ECKANKAR, is now a second-edition, fourth-printing paperback and e-book available at www.ECKBooks.org and at your favorite online booksellers. Linda, a member of the ECK clergy, works for the publisher.

9 Responses to Agelessly Fascinating—”ECKANKAR—The Key to Secret Worlds”

1. BlueHu says:

If one practises d spiritual exercises, noting will b hidden from u. I had been personally benefitted from this

2. Edwin says:

In 1980 after 20 years of seeking (I knew not what) I attended a Day of ECK (there were 4 of us) in Cairns. Before the mini-seminar started I browsed through a book and had a light bulb moment – “Here’s someone who knows what I know!”. I was enchanted and knew instantly that this was my path to going home. I joined ECKANKAR the next day. The book was “Key to Secret Worlds”. Later on I led public discussions on the book for a couple of years. It was a game changer for me and for many others.
    Thanks for reminding me, Linda. And my eternal thanks to Paul Twitchell for waking me up.

3. Helga Hoffmann says:

Dear Linda, your story reminds me so much of what happened to me. The two books I bought were the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad one and two. Like you I did not understand what I read. But it helped me understand my inner experiences. The white Light, the Wind Tunnel. My past life experiences, dreams that told me of what would happened and much more. The ECK teachings felt so familiar. Later when I became an ECKist I had dreams of past lives in which I was an ECKist. Yes many of us have been there before and I am grateful to be back again.
    Thank you again for your wonderful story.

4. John says:

I was looking for something beyond that which my church upbringing gave me and had read some books on Tibetan Lamaism which did just that for a while. I was given a copy of Key to Secret Worlds by a friend and it just took me to places I could not have imagined. On that basis a friend and I attended a major ECKANKAR Seminar in the south of England. Based on that experience I signed up for ECK Membership. That was over 40 years ago and I have never looked back as these beautiful, uplifting and insightful teachings continue to help me deal with the everyday challenges that life brings.

5. James C. Potter says:

After college, I began my spiritual search though, unknowingly, I had been nurtured by the ECK most of my life that featured many remarkable experiences. I was fascinated with Astral travel commonly known as “Out-of-Body.” Then I came across a book at Walden Book Store with a most intriguing cover of a boat sailing toward a distant spiritual city. At random, I opened the book and spied three words: “out-of-body” (this was on page 105 of this particular edition). So I took the book home and read it in one week and was irritated with Paul’s claims that God Realization was a possibility in this lifetime. Imagine a reality well beyond sainthood! “Impossible!” I thought. Yet chapter 3 detailed a list of well articulated spiritual exercises that teased my imagination. Imagine experiencing the concepts of an Inner Master, ECK Masters, and the Sound and Light of God! So I began to experiment with these “perplexing techniques of Soul Travel” that immediately changed my dream worlds and quickly transformed into Soul Travel and more. Much more! All because of Divine Spirit’s nudge that prompted me to randomly open Eckankar, The Key To Secret Worlds and see those three KEY words: “out-of-body.” For me, this is the epitome of spiritual synchronicity.

6. Franklin Henries says:

This is truly a great book. One of my favourites. I got to really understand a lot about the mind, and the effects of the negative aspects of life.

7. Dimče says:

Love – prior to finding Eckankar, was always a ‘slippery slope’. Why could it disappear so easily, what had I done to warrant the loss of love? These are some of the questions I had prior to finding Eckankar. During Sri Harold’s last visit to Australia, in November 1993, I noted a rather pregnant pause just before he completed his talk and closed with, “I am always with you”. He wished us a safe journey home. Mere hours later, the significance of these words would come back to me, along with the words of the speaker that preceded Harold. She had said;
    “The Mahanta has countless ways of reminding us of his presence and showing us how much he loves us…”

My friends and I had a 10 hour journey by car ahead of us. We left that same evening quite late, figuring that with two of us sharing the driving, we would be home by early morning. At about 4 or 5 am the next morning, while travelling on a long straight stretch of road with deep embankments on either side, I caught myself – not once but twice, about to drift off, straightening out the vehicle’s course just in time.
    The third time I actually did fall asleep, waking as one of the ECKists was calling my name in alarm! The car had left the road, yet miraculously, the fateful moment occurred at a spot where the high embankments on either side of the road gave way to a gentler easement, where tall grasses had been freshly mowed. I “swung into action”, belatedly, as it turned out – the car had aleady sidled to a stop – the huge rows of concentrated clumps of dew-covered grass having halted our momentum fully! We cleared the wheels of grass, and, back on the road – shaking our heads as to what had happened – a white owl flew directly across the windshield, just as the first rays of sunrise were breaking over the horizon. The words, “The Mahanta has countless ways of reminding us of his presence” came to mind…

Since first reading Paul’s books, the ECK Vidya, and Key to Secret Worlds, the Mahanta has never once let me down. Everything I read – at least that which made an impression on me, has given me a basis on which to build my life. I’m grateful to Eckankar and the ECK Masters, for the gifts of love and consciousness. We each have something special to give, no matter how humble. And… we matter!

8. Ann Marie says:

My ex-husband and I were on vacation and while he drove I read this book. It was the second ECK book I’d read. It disclosed truths to me I was already familiar with in my heart of hearts, but had no outward knowledge of. I was full of wonder and excitement because Soul recognizes truth when it’s presented. Page after page the revelations came quickly. My remarks went from “I’ve always known this.” to “Listen to this!” We immediately signed up for membership upon our return and I’ve never regretted it for a nano second! That was 47 years ago. Each day that passes I learn something spiritually. I am happier than I’ve ever been because I’m learning how to give and receive divine love.

9. Ann says:

Thank you, Linda for sharing this. Eck books have great power themselves. I bought Sri Harold’s, “Child in the Wilderness” book some time ago and it showed me beautiful things. Once I was reading it and then I went out to just look outside of my window. I saw something that stunned me to my core. I saw a huge cloud that had a beautiful heart shape. I felt a deep feeling of love when I saw it. Because I knew at that time it was a symbol of love from the Master. I thanked Z with so much gratitude and Love. So many other miracles happened in my life while I was reading this book. After I completed reading it, I looked back at all events that happened in my life and I said to myself “This book really has something to it!”
    Eck books contain the word of Eck and they have the power to change our lives provided we choose to harness the power with our sincerity and dedication.