What Is HU?

By Harold Klemp

Singing HU or chanting your secret word enhances your life and gives you strength. HU is a holy name for God which will lift you into the higher worlds.

But the name itself has even more meaning behind it. I would like to recommend a spiritual exercise which will be very beneficial to you in finding it out for yourself.

As you chant each long, drawn-out HU outwardly, keep asking inwardly, “What is HU?” Repeat the question mentally as many times as is comfortable for you, maybe two or three. In other words, with each outward HU, you are asking within, “What is HU? What is HU? What is HU?”

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, where more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

12 Responses to What Is HU?

1. Rocío Agüero says:

Thank you Mahanta, for this wonderful exercice 💙
    Gracias Mahanta, por éste maravilloso ejercicio 💙

2. AdemolaShote says:

HU is for everybody no matter your race or religion. I enjoy singing It.

3. Okpom Emeka says:

I love to know how long I have to chant and what to do after achantment..

4. Thaddy Itseuwa says:

When I sing the HU or when I am singing the HU, I always have the fullest of confidence in all aspects of my life. HU is a game changer for me: to know,to understand, to be aware, to realize, to act or not to act, when to act, when not to act. It is my everything and my everything is the HU.

5. Paul Boland says:

HU, the Sound of the Divine, has changed my life for the better, forever.

6. Joy says:

Anyone can sing HU. Singing HU does not change any spiritual path you may be following. But it will enhance it. Singing HU has many benefits and can be sung by people of any religion, or no religion at all.

7. serge herve says:

I need to know more about HU and the Soul Travel and how to discover the worlds of GOD.

8. Jayson says:

Hi…can Christians chant HU too? Or do have to
    stop following Christ in order chat HU?

9. Ameerat says:

May the blessings be 😀 HU is. Just as God is. It’s the sound of all sounds. It’s a song to make me happy and see things differently.

10. Wayne says:

HU is a divine connection with all life. Singing HU will open your heart to the Love that’s already there.

11. AZU OMAMA says:

HU The most beautiful prayer. Sing it and it hand one over to Divine Spirit.

12. Michael says:

ECKANKAR the path of spiritual freedom.
    Is my divine protection.

Copyright © 2019 ECKANKAR. All Rights Reserved. This copyright applies to this home page and all other pages of this website. The terms ECKANKAR, ECK, EK, MAHANTA, SOUL TRAVEL, and VAIRAGI, among others, are trademarks of ECKANKAR, PO Box 2000, Chanhassen, MN 55317-2000 USA.