Viewing Difficulties

By Harold Klemp

This exercise allows you to see why long-lasting or hard-to-solve problems are still with you.

In contemplation, look at your problem and ask yourself which of these viewpoints you hold about it.

1. You view the problem as a battering ram. When it approaches, you fall over backward, flattened to the ground.
  2. You view the problem as a vital, valuable lesson which will teach you something. You believe it will become a spiritual springboard to give you the necessary incentive and energy to climb up and out of your present situation.

Your attitude about your problem holds the key to whether your experience with it will be easy or difficult, long or short.

Those people who have spiritual success don’t say, “Oh, no!” and fall down when a problem comes up. They look to see the reason or lesson behind it. They ask the Mahanta, “What can I learn from it? How has it made me stronger?”

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECKwhere more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

10 Responses to Viewing Difficulties

1. david igbinoba says:

The whole of life is an adventure.. Every experience good or bad is a splinter of the entire framework of spiritual growth.

2. Isaac Donald says:

Thanks to the Mahanta, today am awaken to see the challenges in my business currently as one that carried a spiritual purpose knowing I must approach things with Love and asking The Mahanta to guide me through this spiritual training! Baraka Bashad!

3. Kashwayne says:

I’m #2 always..all situations that comes forth for my growth are no longer problems to me..but my training for betterment..I avoid totally now getting into issues and whatever comes to me naturally for my growth..I accept…and follow through.

4. Deanna strahl says:

Before eckankar I did not really understand what true spirituality or true freedom is. I think now that it’s feeling the nudge of the inner master or God and moving in that direction. Knowledge that I am on the continuous ebb an flow of the ocean of love and mercy and will always be taken care of by the mahanta as his chela and God. Maybe no I’m certain

5. Antoinette Dugmore says:

I have now realized, my challenges are Golden Gifts, taking me further up the mountain. All part of my Golden Contract. I am no longer a victim. I am walking on a Path that is taking me to Spiritual Freedom.

6. Ameerat says:

‘They ask the Mahanta, “What can I learn from it? How has it made me stronger?”‘
    Thanks 🙂

7. David Coldwell says:

The more karma that is resolved, the happier we become. Its not logical. Its spiritual.

8. Zacchaeus Akighir says:

Before ECKANKAR, I had that attitude of “why me?”. But now, and thanks to the Mahanta, I have come to where I look at my problems with the question, “what am I to learn from this? Is there something the ECK wants me to consider, that I’m not?”. It gives me relief from the problem, knowing that the problem has a (spiritual) purpose.
    Thank you Mahanta.

9. Randhir says:

Thanks for making me strong by adopting the attitude of acceptance and asking for Mahanta to guide me in dealing with the problem with love and taking help from Eck principles and kepping Mahanta guidance as my way to reach success. Thanks for this important guidance. Love you Mahanta

10. Passion MATONDO says:

Les problèmes sont les excitants de l’âme pour rechercher Dieu, car sans problème l’homme se passerait de cette quête.