Viewing Difficulties

By Harold Klemp

This exercise allows you to see why long-lasting or hard-to-solve problems are still with you.

In contemplation, look at your problem and ask yourself which of these viewpoints you hold about it.

1. You view the problem as a battering ram. When it approaches, you fall over backward, flattened to the ground.
  2. You view the problem as a vital, valuable lesson which will teach you something. You believe it will become a spiritual springboard to give you the necessary incentive and energy to climb up and out of your present situation.

Your attitude about your problem holds the key to whether your experience with it will be easy or difficult, long or short.

Those people who have spiritual success don’t say, “Oh, no!” and fall down when a problem comes up. They look to see the reason or lesson behind it. They ask the Mahanta, “What can I learn from it? How has it made me stronger?”

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECKwhere more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

12 Responses to Viewing Difficulties

1. Cindy Carson says:

I was first introduced to Eckankar in 1972. I am old now and filled with peace. There have been a wide variety of health crisis in my life that continue to this day. But inner teachings about past-life experiences showed that I brought many spiritual debts with me, and I was blessed with an opportunity to resolve many of those debts. Just one of the blessings of this amazing journey.

2. Sophia A Irving says:

When I made that step to become a student of Eckankar, I had created a shelf within me with questions and trinkets from experiences I had gone through. I was not afraid of trials and tribulations because as a Christian I was told I would have these as Jesus did, so this was not an unfamiliar activity. What I came to appreciate about Eckankar is the understanding of these peculiar activities and why they occurred. Being a retired nurse we often included a patient in their plan of care same as Eckankar, so no surprises and you, me or I am the author of what ever occurs in our lives. But why, I’d ask? Still learning about me, I find that I love challenges and processing the most difficult situations as well as being an advocate. Now some things I don’t touch but with insight from the Mahanta and It’s prompting I seek clarity on intervening. It’s not instant because just as I have to ask the Dream Master to take my hand and escort or be my Way shower in the Far Country or other plains so does that person have to ask for assistance. Many times it’s telling the person to sit and sing HU while looking inside for the answer. I have learned this while in Eckankar. It’s not drive thru results but persistence in proving the answers are in singing HU (inside you) often.

3. david igbinoba says:

The whole of life is an adventure.. Every experience good or bad is a splinter of the entire framework of spiritual growth.

4. Isaac Donald says:

Thanks to the Mahanta, today am awaken to see the challenges in my business currently as one that carried a spiritual purpose knowing I must approach things with Love and asking The Mahanta to guide me through this spiritual training! Baraka Bashad!

5. Kashwayne says:

I’m #2 always..all situations that comes forth for my growth are no longer problems to me..but my training for betterment..I avoid totally now getting into issues and whatever comes to me naturally for my growth..I accept…and follow through.

6. Deanna strahl says:

Before eckankar I did not really understand what true spirituality or true freedom is. I think now that it’s feeling the nudge of the inner master or God and moving in that direction. Knowledge that I am on the continuous ebb an flow of the ocean of love and mercy and will always be taken care of by the mahanta as his chela and God. Maybe no I’m certain

7. Antoinette Dugmore says:

I have now realized, my challenges are Golden Gifts, taking me further up the mountain. All part of my Golden Contract. I am no longer a victim. I am walking on a Path that is taking me to Spiritual Freedom.

8. Ameerat says:

‘They ask the Mahanta, “What can I learn from it? How has it made me stronger?”‘
    Thanks 🙂

9. David Coldwell says:

The more karma that is resolved, the happier we become. Its not logical. Its spiritual.

10. Zacchaeus Akighir says:

Before ECKANKAR, I had that attitude of “why me?”. But now, and thanks to the Mahanta, I have come to where I look at my problems with the question, “what am I to learn from this? Is there something the ECK wants me to consider, that I’m not?”. It gives me relief from the problem, knowing that the problem has a (spiritual) purpose.
    Thank you Mahanta.

11. Randhir says:

Thanks for making me strong by adopting the attitude of acceptance and asking for Mahanta to guide me in dealing with the problem with love and taking help from Eck principles and kepping Mahanta guidance as my way to reach success. Thanks for this important guidance. Love you Mahanta

12. Passion MATONDO says:

Les problèmes sont les excitants de l’âme pour rechercher Dieu, car sans problème l’homme se passerait de cette quête.