Inner Guidance and HU Help Heal Deep Wounds

By Jerry, Minnesota

As I often do, I declared myself a vehicle for the Mahanta one day before arriving at the hospital where I work. I would try my best to see with the Master’s eyes, listen with the Master’s ears, and feel with the Master’s heart.

A little while after I started my shift, I noticed the light flashing above a patient’s door. It indicated that a patient in the room needed assistance.

I knocked on her door. “Please come in,” said a voice inside the room. I entered and saw a woman lying in bed, bandaged and hooked up to IVs.

“What are you doing here?” she asked in an angry voice.

“Well, I saw your light flashing,” I explained. “I was under the impression that you needed help.”

“Yeah, but what are you doing here?”

“I work here. I’m a medical social worker, and I don’t know what your need is.”

“Don’t you know I hate men?” she asked.

Just a few moments earlier I had declared myself a spiritual vehicle. Now I found myself identified as a man, not as Soul—which I was, and which she also was.

Inwardly I asked the Mahanta, “What’s going on here?”

He replied, “Identification is a universal trap of Soul.”

“But why is this happening to me?”

“It’s not happening to you,” he replied. “It’s happening for you, to remind you not to get caught up identifying yourself as only a male.”

So with as much detachment as I could muster, I said to her, “Why do you hate men?”

Angrily, she told me she was repeatedly abused by men. Her bandages and IVs showed how badly she’d been hurt.

At that moment I understood. I too would have hated men.

In my position I could not administer medication, but I could provide solace to someone in need. I said, “I’m sorry for your pain. May I offer you an exercise that can help relieve some of your pain?”

“Sure,” she said.

So I told her about the HU. “It doesn’t change your religion,” I said. “It will only enhance it. If you don’t subscribe to a religion, HU can give you a sense of peace. It has helped many people.” She thanked me. Then I found a nurse to give her the pain medication she asked for.

Three months later I saw her again. When she saw me, she said, “You know what? I don’t hate men anymore. I hate most men, but I don’t hate all men.”

And I said, “You know what? I thank you for reminding me of something important. You are Soul, and I am Soul. We are not, in our essence, male or female. So I thank you in return.”

It was a challenging experience, but the inner guidance given me by the Mahanta made it an opportunity for both the patient and me to grow spiritually.

When we come to the realization that we are Soul, an eternal being, and that we have a body, a temporary vehicle that eventually wears out, it changes the way we look at life.

For Your Contemplation

Close your eyes, and ask to see yourself as Soul, an eternal being, and to see your physical body as a temporary vehicle.

10 Responses to Inner Guidance and HU Help Heal Deep Wounds

1. Julia says:

This is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.

Baraka bashad,

Julia

2. calminectrics@gmail.com says:

The explanatory power of being eternal is such a relief from problems that just can’t be overcome. When times are tough resting in the model of eternal life the worst it gets is being creative with whatever is in front of you. 🙂 The Mahanta is there, in others, even as life that lies dormant. A great way to see the Mahanta in others at times, and when coupled with being a vehicle for the Mahanta whomever is in front of you is surrounded by love. 🙂 There is such loving coworking with the Mahanta and the Sugmad. 🙂 Thank you everybody. 🙂 Good Luck Ms. Miller, I am sure peace is here for us all. 🙂

3. Austin Afuekwe says:

Wow! Very lovely experience there. In any situation, just look within and reach out to the Inner Master for inner guidance. Thank you Wah Z.

4. Irene S says:

Truly an inspiring experience to share, Jerry. Let Amazing HU be our daily connections with all living SOULS.
    With love in ECK.

5. Brian Bivens says:

So thankful for this! We ARE soul! I love these wonderful teachings!

6. Moses Nduekhe says:

HU is the most precious gift to all life.

7. Bayonle Adesola says:

Fantastic experience. Learnt a lot from it.
    Thank you Jerry for sharing this experience.
    Gratitude to WahZ.

8. Iruegbukpe FADEKEMI says:

I was feeling depressed thinking about all that has been happening in my life for about four months now and I felt like giving up but then an inner voice said “enter the ECKANKAR website “. I did and went straight to today’s quote, it talked about the fact that we are soul and as such we are like balloons that rises above the ground, the higher we go, the farther we can see, the farther we can see, the better we become. I was still pondering on this as I entered the blog and saw this. I see this as an assurance from the master that in any situation you find yourself in life, you should rise above it and always ask what you need to learn from the experience. But most importantly, you should see yourself as soul and as soul, you are an eternal being.
    Thank you Mahanta for this wonderful path and the gift of realization..

9. Andrea says:

Just this morning I was telling Wah Z that “I am not a woman. I AM SOUL”
    I realised that identifying myself as Soul made me feel more freedom and love. I am surprised to see that this blog post also contains the same wisdom I got this morning! I thank Wah Z for helping me understand and realise the truth and differentiate it from illusions. I thank the blog team for posting these beautiful stories as a Channel for Mahanta. I also thank Jerry for sharing this amazing story…May the blessings be!

10. Laura Miller says:

I hope to find this very thing out and give my soul peace.