Stepping-Stones

By Harold Klemp

Some people never recognize the blessings they receive. Others may look back and realize they’ve had a gift of healing of some sort. Maybe something has changed at work to make their life better. But it depends upon the individual—how conscious you are.

A spiritual exercise to begin recognizing your gifts is this: Sing HU quietly to yourself or out loud. Look at the obstacles in your life that you think are stumbling blocks. Imagine them becoming stepping-stones. How are they teaching you about yourself? Open yourself and gain greater awareness of this as you sing HU.

The teachings of ECK are all about God’s love for you. HU is an ancient name for God that is the key to your secret worlds. Once you learn to use this key, you will find a blending of your inner and outer worlds. You’ll find yourself filling with love.

Excerpted from The Spiritual Exercises of ECK, where more than 130 spiritual exercises like this can be found. Learn more about spiritual exercises.

24 Responses to Stepping-Stones

1. Michele Bluestone says:

There were too many times, in my stubborn humanness that I turned my back on the inner knowings that was often presented plainly before consciousness, but instead I chose a far more cumbersome and truly difficult path. Through enough of these trials and errors, I have finally come to learn that the inner master offers each Soul the smoothest, quickest, most effective means to step up our spiritual awareness and experience what we must in this lifetime. As I look back it is plain to see the Master’s guidance throughout my life, even when I was unaware of my inheritance of being an ECKist. As I stood on the corner street awaiting a friend, a soft but strong wind swirled around me… I felt a magnificent presence. I remember saying to self, “You are different.” Although only a preteen, I understood the love of the Master’s touch… and so it still is. I have felt blessed, … Stepping stones each day to more awareness of that love…

2. Matresa DAWN Stokes says:

Gratitude in all things. I am so grateful that I recently found the sound of HU as a 20 min. meditation. Listening has become a daily habit. Also, keeping a journal has helped me become more aware of my internalized struggles and bringing them to light thru this excercise helps me to recognize these as steps I need to take, instead of trials I must survive. Being proactive in this process is accelerating my progress. Thank you for your guidance.

3. Neil R says:

Eck works in mysterious ways. Due to the downturn in our business due to the Covid 19 situation I find that focus on my Spiritual side becomes more of a challenge and that is when the Inner Master steps in and guides me to an answer on how to handle the situation. Thank you for this wonderful exercise and the gentle reminder. Love you Wah Z 🙂

4. Nancy Gaunoux says:

ECK…the most challenging path, the most rewarding path, the most beautiful path, for me, the only path. Thank you Mahanta.

5. Pat says:

Thank you Wah Z. Indeed the HU is a blessing.

6. Helga Hoffmann says:

I always see the Blessings in everything that happened. Three weeks ago I suddenly got a big pain in my hip. Then it moved to my knee. Do
    I need a new hip or knee? That would be a long way to recovery. Then after a few more days I noticed it came from my back. I am plagued by
    sciatica. What a relief. The pains now are unimportant. I know it will go away and with the lessening of the pain maybe some stubborn karma.
    What a Blessing. Thank you. The ECK teaching have helped my to see the Blessings in everything that happen in my life, and the the problem
    shrinks into nothing. I am so grateful for the Mahanta to be my teacher. Life has become much easier and more fun and happiness.

7. Anonymous says:

Thank you Mahanta for the reminder, blessings and love.

8. MUDINGONZI DJIBRUL MULELA says:

Thank you soo much for these experiences. During lock down time HU is protecting and Mahantha is always with us. May the Blessings be.

9. Emeka Nwosu says:

Thanks for once more bringing our attention to this wonderful exercise. It has changed a lot in me.

10. Nkoyo Bassey says:

HU,the most beautiful prayer. Sing it with love in your heart. Hu uplifts, guides, purifies and protects. Singing it always gives inner peace and most of all, confidence to face any situation.

11. Bron says:

This past few weeks have shown the love and protection I have received during a recent illness which could have been more prolonged and dangerous. Heartfelt gratitude to the Mahanta.

12. Amy Mraze says:

Thank you so much for the ever present love and support. It brings such solace to know that in challenging times the Mahanta is always with us to guide and help. I am grateful everyday that I found ECK.

13. Kathy Ayeh says:

The teachings of ECK are truly a blending of our inner and outer worlds. I’m deeply grateful for the every day blessings I recieve from ECK. I went to leave some ECK books for a friend who had asked about Eckankar the Path to Spiritual Freedom. And the street name that this person lives on had the letters EK in it. I dropped the ECK books off and drove off (due to social distancing) And noticed that the cross street had my name on it. This was a special waking dream for me.

14. eleberi bright,uzor says:

Thank you Mahanta, the HU has helped me a lot. The HU is my companion any where any time. May the blessings be.

15. Jude Chimezie Odigbo (C.SaintJude). says:

Beautiful!

16. Felix-A says:

As a student of the Master I now know that anything that comes my way has a lesson or message hidden in it. Once I wholly accept the Master with love and in truth, while using HU with creativity, I am able to rise above all illusions in my own world. Thank you, Master for the constant love, care and encouragement.

17. Pat says:

Thank you Sri Harold for these wise words and amazing shift to a positive point of view. All is in God’s time. Life is a joy when seeing it from this vantage point. Beautiful image as well. It says so much. Childlike fun!

Also, I loved the Haiku. Thank you Dimitar.

18. Hayley Bonnell says:

Thank you. I have ordered The Spiritual Exercises of Eck as I am looking for protection. Is there any more information on the protection side? Thanks

19. SAMBO OYISO says:

I couldn’t ask for more. Just want to live everyday LOVING life, facing my fears, and thankful. Especially with these soothing words… “SOUL AM ALWAYS WITH YOU.”

20. chike Njorbuenwu says:

life is an adventure its hard knocks are ours lessons and teacher, sometimes we cry and complain we realised they are there to make us strong and wise. best regards

21. Eileen Littlejohn says:

Thanks for the reminder. The Huuuu… is really helping me to calm down through these times of stress

22. Michelle Uzorka says:

I am grateful for the Eck in my life and can’t imagine my life without the Eck.

23. Dimitar says:

Sri Harold raises the question of how conscious we are. That, in fact, is the process of life, it awakens the consciousness within. I love how the ECK Masters teach us that stumbling blocks are in fact, stepping stones. Studying Eckankar, doing the spiritual exercises, one does gain a sense of the breadth and depth of Soul’s journey, and why so much time in the lower worlds is necessary in order to refine Soul. Think of a smooth ocean stone. Think of the beauty of the marks, the story it carries. No two are alike. I offer a simple haiku, describing Soul’s ability to endure all conditions.

silent parrying,
    a lone tree bending to wind
    and bowing to rain

24. Lisa says:

Life can be overwhelming and confusing. Blessings and Love.